Popular Tags: [View All]
Lewis Goldberg
United States
Bonnots Mill
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Boy the way Glenn Miller played // Songs that made the Hit Parade // Guys like us we had it made // Those were the days.
mbmbmbmbmb
logic dictates that nestor is 4000 years old. problem?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martijn Althuizen
Netherlands
Helmond
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
@m_a_r_t_ij_n
badge
@m_a_r_t_ij_n
mbmbmbmbmb
Why not? He's published a version with graphics that he made. Other publishers could have done the same, but haven't. It has nothing to do with how old the game is.

I think it's kinda funny. Way to go, Néstor!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sheesh. I designed the graphics used in the KGS client. I'm pretty comfortable saying that more people use the KGS client than Néstor's set. Do I get artist credit for the game too?

Not to disparage Néstor! But it's dumb to call him the artist responsible for go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martijn Althuizen
Netherlands
Helmond
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
@m_a_r_t_ij_n
badge
@m_a_r_t_ij_n
mbmbmbmbmb
wmshub wrote:
Sheesh. I designed the graphics used in the KGS client. I'm pretty comfortable saying that more people use the KGS client than Néstor's set. Do I get artist credit for the game too?

Not to disparage Néstor! But it's dumb to call him the artist responsible for go.

Sure you do, as far as I'm concerned..

Check out the Chess entry too. Did anybody ever complain about the artists listed there?

Same for checkers, backgammon and lots of other ancient games. If Néstor is removed here, then more artists should probably be removed from the lists of artists of those games as well..

I'm fine with whatever BGG decides on. Just saying that I don't have much of a problem with current era artists being coupled to ancient games on BGG. On something like wikipedia it'd be a different story!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Peacock
Canada
Montréal
quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wmshub wrote:

Submitted a correction to the entry to give you credits. We'll see how it turns out, if it doesn't work, you may want to do it yourself and supply some kind of proof or what not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Peacock
Canada
Montréal
quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Should matt groening be given credit for chess?
I've seen Simpsons theme set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drink Me
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is something that has bothered me for a while. I'll start a discussion in one of the main forums to see what people think the purpose is supposed to be.

While we're having this discussion: Expansions? All the brand-labels under "Alternate Names"? Should those all go?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
badge
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmmm personally I'd prefer that you got credited on your edition but not on the main page, for traditional games with multiple editions.

J. R. R. Tolkien is a named artist for the Chess record too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Redden
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Nut'n honey
badge
"One of the key problems today is that politics is such a disgrace, good people don't go into government." - Donald Trump
mbmbmbmbmb
monkeyhandz wrote:
Hmmmm personally I'd prefer that you got credited on your edition but not on the main page, for traditional games with multiple editions.

J. R. R. Tolkien is a named artist for the Chess record too.

I agree. Game's specs should be more specific per edition, rather than clumping manufacturers and artists all under the main thread. It would be much more useful to have the specifics listed only under each edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Peacock
Canada
Montréal
quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The artist category is no longer visible for the go entry, but where it should for their specific edition.

Now on to Chess...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Goldberg
United States
Bonnots Mill
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Boy the way Glenn Miller played // Songs that made the Hit Parade // Guys like us we had it made // Those were the days.
mbmbmbmbmb
dyvdav wrote:
The artist category is no longer visible for the go entry,...

Well, that was easy. Who did that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Peacock
Canada
Montréal
quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the admin who declined my correction, there wasn't any artist category, the artists were only on their edition.

possible explanations: an admin saw the thread and removed the category, when the admin looked at the entry the category disappeared ( maybe a script that removes this category when a correction is submitted) or its a case of mass hysteria and we all hallucinated that there was a category when there wasn't any.

The jury is still out
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drink Me
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dyvdav wrote:
According to the admin who declined my correction, there wasn't any artist category, the artists were only on their edition.

possible explanations: an admin saw the thread and removed the category, when the admin looked at the entry the category disappeared ( maybe a script that removes this category when a correction is submitted) or its a case of mass hysteria and we all hallucinated that there was a category when there wasn't any.

The jury is still out

Um, if it's a mass hallucination it's recurring, because when I look at the page, Nestor is back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Goldberg
United States
Bonnots Mill
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sollnurspielen wrote:
dyvdav wrote:

The jury is still out

Um, if it's a mass hallucination it's recurring, because when I look at the page, Nestor is back.

No hallucination. It's back. I haven't been looking at versions - just the main Go page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Néstor Romeral Andrés
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
sollnurspielen wrote:
dyvdav wrote:

The jury is still out

I am? This is weird
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Goldberg
United States
Bonnots Mill
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
n_r_a wrote:
sollnurspielen wrote:
dyvdav wrote:

The jury is still out

I am? This is weird

I was wondering how long that would take meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.