Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Preordered through Miniature Market and am wondering when online retailers will get their shipments. August maybe?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
skyzero wrote:
August maybe?

Unlikely. KSers might get it in August, and if so that would be a month early. Based on previous KSs, CMON aren't one of the companies that ship to retailers/distributors before they ship to KS backers (even if they do sometimes sell stuff at GenCon before KS backers get theirs). So, September at the earliest I'd've thought.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory J
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd have to agree with Scott, September at the earliest. I do not believe they have even received the shipment yet, and last time I believe (if I remember right) they took a bit more than a week after getting it just sorting it out before they dove into shipping. Then they spent a few weeks shipping after that. So best case scenario is most backers should have the game by end of August. They won't ship to distributors until after that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm anticipating first box out the door in the last week of August, so
- bulk of backer deliveries received by mid-September,
- retail distribution deliveries late September.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben P
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmb
GrauGeist wrote:

Will their be copies forsale at gencon? I'm about 90 minutes from the con and would make a special trip down if their planning on having copies of season 2 and the mall. If not I'll just wait till it hits retailers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory J
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bp_968 wrote:
GrauGeist wrote:

Will their be copies forsale at gencon? I'm about 90 minutes from the con and would make a special trip down if their planning on having copies of season 2 and the mall. If not I'll just wait till it hits retailers.

I wouldn't count on it. Unless they started shipping today they wouldn't be able to get many of the games to the KS backers, so I highly doubt they'll be giving them out to the convention goers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amyrin wrote:
bp_968 wrote:
GrauGeist wrote:

I wouldn't count on it. Unless they started shipping today they wouldn't be able to get many of the games to the KS backers, so I highly doubt they'll be giving them out to the convention goers.

And it's not like they did that with Season 1...

shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory J
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
Amyrin wrote:
bp_968 wrote:
GrauGeist wrote:

And it's not like they did that with Season 1...

shake
Yep, they sure did. And they sure got yelled at a lot for that. I'm pretty sure they said they wouldn't be making that mistake again, that they would be a good buffer between shipping and retail release so they can be fairly sure every KS backer has their game first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory J
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, reading Update 44 I realize they did say they would be for sale at Gencon and some would be shipped before and after Gencon... so I guess they're doing it just like Season 1 then. Kind of annoying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup.

I think they've realised that they'll get moaned at no matter what they do, so they may as well do what makes most sense from their point of view.

As long as they're upfront about what they're doing, and don't start ripping people off, or making promises they can't keep, then I'm fine with that, personally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory J
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ya, fair enough. And I understand that not selling at Gencon would result in quite a lot of lost sales. But honestly, they're going to sell out of whatever they bring in regardless, no different than season 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone who buys the game is a supporter and backer. Still not sure why someone who backs through Kickstarter feels more entitled than someone who pays full price preordering the game. Some of the silliness that goes on in the world of board games just baffles me. The reality is that anyone who backed this game through KS wasn't doing it in hopes of it being produced. Motives were anything but that. This should see global release simultaneously, KS or otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory J
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
skyzero wrote:
Anyone who buys the game is a supporter and backer. Still not sure why someone who backs through Kickstarter feels more entitled than someone who pays full price preordering the game. Some of the silliness that goes on in the world of board games just baffles me. The reality is that anyone who backed this game through KS wasn't doing it in hopes of it being produced. Motives were anything but that. This should see global release simultaneously, KS or otherwise.

I see no need to run around calling people entitled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amyrin wrote:
skyzero wrote:

Read again. Not sure where you get name calling in that post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
skyzero wrote:
Amyrin wrote:
skyzero wrote:

Emphasised that for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory J
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Read Scott's bolded text there... I never said you were name-calling. I said you were calling people entitled. And since I was the only one that said something negative about them delivering to Gencon backers before KS backers I assume I am the one being entitled? Even though all I said was I was kind of annoyed.

You should have been around for the shitstorm it caused last year when they were shipping season 1 and you wouldn't think I was acting entitled.

Anyway, have a good day, Mr. Zero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Le Jeune
Belgium
Namur
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
skyzero wrote:
Amyrin wrote:
skyzero wrote:

Really?

It's right there! You're not even trying to hide it.

Some of the silliness that goes on the Internet just baffles me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My post was a compare and contrast hypothetical situation of two common opinions regarding KS preorders shipped via online retailers Vs. Kickstarter direct order shipments. Online forum nerd attacks just aren't my thing. So much sensitivity on these forums...I'm thinking "someone" needs a hug.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben P
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmb
Amyrin wrote:
Oh, reading Update 44 I realize they did say they would be for sale at Gencon and some would be shipped before and after Gencon... so I guess they're doing it just like Season 1 then. Kind of annoying.

What is this "update 44" and where can I find it? Their blog is basically useless (Hint: if your only going to post a few times a year, don't bother). Are they posting these updates on FB?

Thanks for the info regardless

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory J
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bp_968 wrote:
Amyrin wrote:

What is this "update 44" and where can I find it? Their blog is basically useless (Hint: if your only going to post a few times a year, don't bother). Are they posting these updates on FB?

Thanks for the info regardless

The Kickstarter updates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G G
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly.

Quote:
We'll also be launching the game at Gencon which is in August, so you may be shipped before or after Gencon - there shouldn't be a huge difference between USA and Europe as containers will be leaving at the same time.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coolminiornot/zombicide-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben P
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmb
What exactly do you plan on bringing to gencon? Season 2 + Mall and anything else? Just trying to figure out how much cashola to bring. I'd love to buy the 2 "dogs" kits and a couple of the various "box of zombies" add-ons if their available.

GrauGeist wrote:
Exactly.

Quote:
We'll also be launching the game at Gencon which is in August, so you may be shipped before or after Gencon - there shouldn't be a huge difference between USA and Europe as containers will be leaving at the same time.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coolminiornot/zombicide-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bp_968 wrote:
What exactly do you plan on bringing to gencon? Season 2 + Mall and anything else? Just trying to figure out how much cashola to bring. I'd love to buy the 2 "dogs" kits and a couple of the various "box of zombies" add-ons if their available.

You'd better off emailing CoolMiniOrNot directly with these questions - they don't frequent these forums.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael T. Probst
Germany
Waghäusel
of the Art
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

my Retailer received his new copies of Zombiecide season one..., why will be retailers delivered earlier than Kickstarter backers...???

I have choosen the "big" package with everything including season one...!
In future I have to purchase from my shop when I want my games earlier? That could not be the way of KS? What's wrong here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory J
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
erzengel wrote:

my Retailer received his new copies of Zombiecide season one..., why will be retailers delivered earlier than Kickstarter backers...???

I have choosen the "big" package with everything including season one...!
In future I have to purchase from my shop when I want my games earlier? That could not be the way of KS? What's wrong here?

That could be as simple as a warehousing issue. CMON likely got a massive shipment of Season 1, Season 2, TCM, and all the other stuff all at once (Not to mention their already huge product lines...). So they simply needed to send off a lot of their Season 1 shipments to distributors before they had room in their warehouse to deal with kickstarter backers. Also, Season 1 isn't exactly a new release and there's no realistic expectation that they would hold onto that inventory until the 1400 or so Raise the Dead backers got their box. If they're selling Season 2 at Gencon before we get it, do you really think they would keep Season 1 back for you?

Also, I doubt the European shipments go to CMON's warehouse first anyway, and probably just got sent to a distributor directly from China.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.