Subject: Perfect Dungeon rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to a Blogger who reviewed the game, it is possible to set up the dungeon so that you can kill ALL the Heroes! Has anyone else been able to do this???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kassey
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
CHEDDAR!
badge
AGENT OF THE MNL!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played about 10 as the guardian now, and while i feel i have a very nasty design. I don't think it is possible to guarantee a win with any set up. But if you find something...do tell!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarah Reed
United States
Rancho Cordova
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We played last night for the first time and I completely failed as the Gaurdian. I'm looking forward to switching roles with my husband and see how it goes.

I personally don't see how you can guarantee a win when the adventurers are always different as well as treasures and dungeon cards in hand.

But yeah, if anyone figures it out, do tell!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Go to the Blogs section for this game and read Eric Seuthe's blog review.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Kreader
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
That is not possible in this game. Perhaps it was a blog for another game? There seems to be a slew of these suddenly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hayley K
United States
Willimantic
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
C. Aaron Kreader wrote:
That is not possible in this game. Perhaps it was a blog for another game?

I read the blog post, and he's reviewing Hero vs. Guardian alright, but I feel like he must be misinterpreting some rule, somewhere. There is no single set-up that will guarantee a win by the Guardian. Out of the many games I've played, there was one game where through a series of bad luck and (mostly) bad decisions on the Hero's part, the Guardian came pretty close to capturing all of the adventurers. But (even with the exact same starting setup) it can just as easily go the other way--we've also had games where not a single adventurer was captured! (In that case, bad luck plus bad decisions on the Guardian's part... hey, wait a second, that was me making those bad decisions in both those games, while my husband took the win. Hmph.)

For what it's worth, in the rare case that all the adventurers were captured, it wouldn't end the game. Both players could keep drawing cards to try and get and play Eye of Light (Hero) and Reinforcements or Darkness (Guardian). It might not be a very interesting few rounds, but it could tweak the final point tally by the time the Guardian ran out of cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.