Subject: Great Game! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Robinson
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
I just wanted to say that this is one awesome game! I love the theme and mechanics very much. Very cool indeed.

If possible, I would greatly love to help play test/design/kick around ideas for the next character expansion pack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
I just printed out the files today. Getting ready to make it. Can't wait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petar Ivanček
Croatia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much!
Glad you like it and I hope you enjoy the gameplay.

More is coming soon and I hope you will jump the playtesting bandwagon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Robinson
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
Absolutely! Would you be ammenable to character ideas?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petar Ivanček
Croatia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am generally open to all ideas, which I incorporate into design if it fits the overall idea and theme.

The problem with adding additional units is because the teams are designed to play as coherent group and any new unit, if not carefully designed will damage the balance.

I have started working on the new, extended version which should provide more flexibility.

If you would like to know more, check out: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/913618/kronocell-2-player-20...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Robinson
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
Well, my idea is for a "Gadgeteer." I feel like it would fit well with the steampunk theme and shouldn’t unbalance the game too much because he is almost exclusively a support character without many attacks. I imagine he would have medium HP and a medium amount of movement spaces available to him. I imagine all of his cards are some form of gadget (rather than a gun). Some card ideas that came to mind:

- - -

1. Stun Field - Extremely weak damage (but fast) and induces stun. If you want to keep the Gadgeteer as almost exclusively a support character, you can have it do no damage at all, have the execution be ludicrously low (like 1 or 2), and still have it induce stun.

2. Goop Launcher - If it hits, the target permanently loses movement (maybe the movement decreases by 1). No damage.

3. Transporter - Transports an adjacent figure to any space on the board (except those spaces that are already occupied or spaces that contain a capture point). No damage.

4. Medkit (since you seem to want to remove it from the other character, I figure it would make for a decent support function)

5. Robot mine - It is placed in an adjacent space. If it explodes it does medium damage. It can be moved one space per turn independently of other actions. It explodes if a unit enters the same space as the mine or if a unit is pushed into it. It also explodes if it is damaged twice. The robot mine would not have HP, so stronger attacks wouldn’t cause extra damage. Only one mine can be in play per team at a time and the card would have a super long recharge time. The robot mine would require its own paper miniature. Possibly two: one normal and one damaged and smoking (to indicate it has been successfully damaged once).

- - -

These are just ideas. Feel free to rip them apart completely. It is just brainstorming and my feelings won’t be hurt at all. Just having fun here. Although I will say I think a support-only character would be interesting without unbalancing the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petar Ivanček
Croatia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey!
Cool design

I have created a design contest some time ago, so if you have more ideas post them in this thread:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/993568/kronocell-design-chal...

There are already some cool ideas posted, and there are prizes to be won!

Oh, and if its not too much to ask, could you rate the game or leave a comment on the game page?
Any support is much appreciated
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Robinson
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
I would love to (now i I can only figure out how to do that, lol).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petar Ivanček
Croatia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hehe, its not that hard.

Type "kronocell" in the search bar and it will show you a bar with game info.
In the "Your Rating" cell you can type in the rating =)

To become a fan, click on the game name (on that page) and you will get to a Kronocell Game Page with all the info.
On the right side of the page you will see a button "Become a fan".

Thats it =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Robinson
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
Done and done
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petar Ivanček
Croatia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Much appreciated mate!
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.