New Haven
CT
flag msg tools
designer
:-)
badge
Fay Games logo
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems to me that the combat effects of the special hunt tiles are totally lame, especially because I consider the special hunt tiles to be such powerful cards for the FP to play.

What do you think of this combat effect for the FP:

Only playable if the battle occurs at the last known position of the fellowship.
The opponent inflicts no casualties this round of combat. All of your leader rerolls score automatic hits. Take 1 corruption.

Maybe this is too powerful for a FP player going for military victory, but since I've never played a game where the FP player won through military victory, I don't have a good perspective on that.

Ira

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
ira212 wrote:
It seems to me that the combat effects of the special hunt tiles are totally lame

Yes, they are.
And they aren't the only case (some cards have powerful combat effects and petty effects when used as "events").
That part of WotR is far from perfect (the decision about how to play the cards, deriving from their dual nature, is interesting only for those having the "two halves" roughly equivalent in power... and unfortunately that's not always the case).

Have fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sauron's special Hunt tiles have a lame combat ability too...(One for the Dark Lord). Any ideas on how to improve that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Philip Thomas wrote:
Sauron's special Hunt tiles have a lame combat ability too...(One for the Dark Lord).

Of course it's lame... it's just the same that the FP have on THEIR "hunt tiles" cards!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J McWeasely
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Well here's my replacement text for It is a Gift:
Play only if the fellowship is in the same region as this combat.
Announce how much corruption the fellowship is voluntarily taking. Add this number to all FP dice on the combat roll and leader reroll.

It gives the shadow something to worry about when attacking FSP-healing strongholds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fredrik Sievert
Sweden
Helsingborg
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MrWeasely wrote:
Well here's my replacement text for It is a Gift:
Announce how much corruption the fellowship is voluntarily taking. Add this number to all FP dice on the combat roll and leader reroll.

It gives the shadow something to worry about when attacking FSP-healing strongholds.

Now this is a great replacement rule I think!

It would give the FP a real chance of taking at least one shadow stronghold with aid from the fellowship. Probably abandoning all chances of ring destruction but instead going for military victory.

If playing with this, One for the Dark Lord could be changed to:
For each hit on your combat roll or leader reroll, add one corruption to the fellowship (this is in addition to the normal casualties).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.