Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools
Rulebook Page 4, D. TIME, 3A wrote:
'Tourists at attractions still rent their chalet, so your number of chalets must be at least equal to the number of tourists at chalets and attractions together.'

We assume that the above condition must be constantly applied at all stages of the game, and not just at Stage D. TIME. Are we correct?

In this case, perhaps a slight clarification is needed to the Rulebook, at page 2, A. WORK, PICK-UP OR BOOK TOURISTS:

“You must have enough chalets available for all these tourists and those tourists already present in your resort”. (The bolded text is mine)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The thought flow for the whole four pages is pretty much a "from the beginning of the game" viewpoint so I never had the slightest pause in making the correct interpretation by the time I got done.

Your point isn't incorrect and yet I might even have been distracted by those added words upon my first reading becuase it looks ahead to something I am not yet prepared for.

I'd say that the existing wording does cover it under the word "available", it's just that you don't have the wider understanding of what available means until reading further.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Clarke
United Kingdom
Caithness
Scotland
flag msg tools

Thank you. I fully understand your point. The situation I had in mind was this:

It's Stage A, and you have 3 empty chalets and 3 tourists on your attractions.
Your Worker1 books 3 tourists, and they go into the empty chalets (you now have 6 tourists and only 3 chalets)
Next move, your Worker2 buys 3 more chalets (you now have enough chalets for all 6 tourists)

I own plenty of games where you can temporarily exceed your limit, providing you ensure that your numbers are compliant at a specific moment (usually at the end of a turn or phase). I just wanted to double check that this wasn't one of those situations.

Basically then, the total number of tourists in your resort (at chalets and attractions), must NEVER exceed your number of chalets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Drake
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Highland Cow wrote:

Basically then, the total number of tourists in your resort (at chalets and attractions), must NEVER exceed your number of chalets.

Correct.

Thus, booked tourist are not technically part of your resort. If you take tourist from the current round, they must be immediately placed (And if they can not be placed, you can not choose that action). But, you are allow to book tourist in future rounds; if those tourist can't be placed during the time-shift, you may suffer a $1 penalty per unplaced tourist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.