Jesse Miller
United States
Gettysburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Punk Rock Warlord
mbmbmbmbmb
GMT has posted the rules for this, one of my most eagerly awaited new titles. Check them out and get ordering.

http://www.gmtgames.com/combatcomm/CCRules022306.pdf

The art shown is still what was described as "playtest graphics", so I'm assuming that it will change. The rules seem clear and easy to follow--the game looks sweet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwik
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed, NONE of the graphics shown in the posted rulebook are final -- the GMT art department is still in its early stages as far as providing updated graphics for this game.

The text of the rules, however, are as near to complete as can be. I'm sure there will be a couple of errors discovered between now and production, but I expect those to be simple grammatical / spelling errors rather than broken rules that need mending.

Cheers,
Chadwik

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Mathews
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting the rules! It put me over the top. I P500'd it last night. It looks like an awesome game. Has there been any thought to a team variant like splitting cards and units and such so that you can get more than 2 players playing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwik
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Has there been any thought to a team variant like splitting cards and units and such so that you can get more than 2 players playing?

Yes, we tried several times to make team play viable, but it simply fell apart at every turn.

However, just because I failed at this doesn't mean some innovative person out there won't figure out an elegant way to make this happen post-publication....

Cheers,
Chadwik

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.