Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Nolte
United States
La Habra Heights
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I wanted to bounce an idea against the collective wisdom of the BGG community.

I recently saw the Resistance: Avalon character variants and wanted to incorporate their abilities into the espionage/underground/cyberpunk setting of The Resistance. I am trying to help mix up the game for my gaming circle. Here's what I came up with:

Merlin (knows evil, must remain hidden) -> The Inside Man
Percival (knows Merlin) -> The Contact
Mordred (hidden from Merlin) -> A Sleeper
Morgana (appears as Merlin) -> A Double Agent
Oberon (hidden to evil) -> A Traitor to their own cause

And the Assassin is still the Assassin. Please share thoughts, alternate suggestions, constructive criticism, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tables
United Kingdom
Coventry
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Merlin was known as the Commander during playtesting, I believe. I'm not sure what else there was.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
I Eat Tables wrote:
Merlin was known as the Commander during playtesting, I believe. I'm not sure what else there was.

Bodyguard was Percival.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Grant
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lancelot is really the double agent, if you are familiar with that variant. Oberon seems more like a rogue spy to me (he is loyal to the spy cause). Morgana is tough, I guess she is an infiltrator or "the inside man"?

Excalibur - hmmmmmmmm......

Tables and Jythier already mentioned the real names used for Merlin and Percival, if you like those. Lady of the Lake is implemented as the Inquisitor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.