Cody of Earth
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been trying to find out if anyone has made something like a life size strategy board game to play in a yard or large room. I haven't found anything yet. Has anyone heard of something like this?

I was thinking about rules for such a game:
-A wargame style game could have team members taking a number of paces per turn and attacking anyone they can reach with a foam sword.
-Instead of swords you could throw big foam dice at people and if you hit them, the number rolled is the damage dealt, or miss on 1,2,3 / hit on 4,5,6.
-Another weapon idea is throwing a tennis ball with a string tied to your waist. The length of the string would function as the range of the weapon.
And you wouldn't have to run after the ball.
-To keep the game from being slow and boring, every team member could move/attack at once, and turns alternate between teams.
-You could respawn when killed and keep track of points.

Those are just some thoughts. Please let me know if you know of anything like this or if you have ideas for a game rules!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
badge
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
mbmbmbmbmb
Not that much of a strategy game, but

Ca$h 'n Gun$: Live

is the best fit I could think of

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph T
United States
Signal Hill
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fearsome Floors can be played live.

Check out the photos in the game's gallery.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
Germany
Herne
flag msg tools
When I was a child we used to play some kind of war game I barely remember. I think someone drew a map on the ground, everyone claimed a country and there was some kind of rule about invading other countries by... jumping into them, I think? Were we the only ones that played that game or does anyone know what the hell I'm talking about?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
why use foam sword ? real sword would be better and make the game more intense too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I can imagine something like this taking up a lot of space, but it'd be an interesting design challenge.

If players had to stick to squares, but the squares gave room for a bit of movement there'd be all sorts of cool things you can do. It might be best to allow each side to take two moves in a row, allowing for 2:1 attacks (but a 3:2 defence if the other side moves quickly to counter). It'd have some interesting properties on a strategic level (attacking a piece from opposite sides would make it very easy to take) and a tactical level (fighting without leaving your square would be tricky)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Life is a lamp-flame before a wind.
msg tools
badge
mu
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it really a board game if it's life size?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Butsudoka wrote:
Is it really a board game if it's life size?

Not by BGGs definition, but I think it could still be in all of the ways that are important to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.