Tiago Ali de Oliveira Bueno
Brazil
Campinas
São Paulo
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Four player game: I, my wife Nirvana, my brother Joao and a friend Perez who never played it before.
My brother started, meaning that I was second and would get some Profession Cards even if everybody would do it.In the first Auction, I payed high for my first Jester and bought two Profession Cards, and for my awe, not everyone bought more Profession cards. I managed a Recruitment card in a Auction with very low price and with leftovers from other players I could let my first job to the next round and still have money to fight for another Jester. I also got more professional cards. With these new aquisition, I would not need more, as I would not got sufficient actions to play all of then, as I need some Liberties to play then effecvely.
The next rounds I got some Landscapes, but could not assure another Jester. I played my first Job along my first liberty. Got money for Jester mining. It costed dearly, but I managed it. Then two more Jobs, with some money and then Victory points.
In the end, I managed a third Jester and ended with a high enough score to assure a calm victory, even without any Prestige Card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Holthuis
Netherlands
Buitenpost
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tiagoaob wrote:
In the first Auction, I payed high for my first Jester and bought two Profession Cards...

As I read your report you bought 2 Profession Cards in the first round. That's not possible; you may perform 2 Actions during your turn after the auction, choosing 2 from the following actions:

1 freedom (not 2)
1 profession card (not 2)
1 or 2 bonus cards
1 or 2 buildings
1 or 2 works

Maybe you played it right, than ignore my post blush.
Great game, one of my favourites!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.