Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Haythornthwaite
United Kingdom
Preston
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi ya, I have a few questions after playing a few games of this great little dice game. I have played a couple of games of the standard game and four games against the bot. I just wanted to say what a great dice version of 7 wonders this is and lives up to the playability and quality of its dad.

Here are my questions/observations.

1. When playing against the bot I have been playing with all 7 dice against the bot who also has the 7 (6 plus the bot dice) I didn't know if this was correct but it seems quite balanced to me.

2. When using the 7 dice on the last throw I have been throwing all 3 dice and keeping what I get and using all the dice, again it seems quite balanced. I know I have only played four games but won two lost two, so take from that what you will.

3. One of the last games I had I played the pyramids vs the lighthouse on side b and although the pyramids did roll quite well the Pyramids b side seems a little op compared with the lighthouse.

4. I like the score cards I think they are really neat however I also think this is where the game can improve the most. I understand you designed this game as part of a competition, but the score card could do with being twice the size (then maybe fold it to fit in the box). That way players can track what resources they have used in each age, as well as spacing things out a little. I found it was quite easy to miss things.

5. Building on the last point on the reverse side of the score sheet you could put a score card similar to the one from the actual game, that way people don't forget to add parts of their score. There has been a couple of occasions where I have forgotten to add the guild parts to the score because I don't play with them all the time.

That's all for now I really like this game and will continue to play it and offer any feedback I can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konrad Anft
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Bot is tough. Double tough.

(yes, that is a reference to a movie - catch it and you get answers to your questions... nah just kidding, here we go

Out of the bot games, I have won around 10%. It is supposed to be hard... but currently it is too hard.
Another playtester hasn't won a single game yet, so now you know in what sort of company you are in.

I strongly encourage house rules, and if you believe that using all 7 dice against the bot is fairer, go for it!

However, The bot doesn't reroll, and so his special die is there to balance that out. Yes, he still uses 7 dice out of 8, and the bot die is very powerful... but it is a mindless bot and it is a lot more satisfying to win against him after a dozen or so tries.
(And be honest, how many games did you win against the bot from Race for the Galaxy?)

The Pyramids B in 0.8 are overpowered. They are tuned down a bit in 0.9 (files are uploading as I type this).
Here the conversion card:

Purple backgrounds concern the Guilds (most are now cheaper). The only change on an A side is found at the statue of Zeus.

The score card seems to bug most players...
Again my argument for the contest is: since I can fit around 20 sheets in my tin, and these are double sided, I can have ten four player rounds. If they were foldable in the middle, I can only have half as many games.

Others have found that they prefer bigger score sheets and/or laminated them, and used dry-erase markers to play. This of course doesn't fit in the tin anymore (or at least I haven't found markers small enough to fit), and while I know that it is not necessary for an express game in this contest to fit into the tin, I got the most positive feedback because of that fact.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.