Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
mapiu2001 wrote:

Where is the link?

KICKSTARTER LINK!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnston
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a fun game, but I don't care for the new art style. Especially the new Gretel. Nice to see all the plastic figs though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
Style Over Substance
badge
"In loving memory of Mariel."
mb
yoyomama wrote:

Dive in ladies and lady-men

Lady-men? (^_^)>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm
United Kingdom
Preston
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Any news on the 'Models Only' option? I heard they planned to offer this - for people who already have the main game(s)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Spode
United States
Mount Airy
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah. This seems way too expensive.

Especially considering I already have the base game, allies starter, and german starter. It looks like I will end up spending a lot of money to get components already have...or not.

EDIT: The kickstarter got re-structured and looks alot better then it did on day 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I little too rich for my blood. Good luck with the campaign though!

Edit: Curse you! You suckered me in with the Plastichead level.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Stangier
Germany
Offenbach
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kowalskie wrote:
Any news on the 'Models Only' option? I heard they planned to offer this - for people who already have the main game(s)

I don't recall talks about an option like that. What they promised was an option for those who already have everything to get just the new stuff - and that option is the $80 Metalhead, which gives you just the updated components and the new models (in metal to match the metal figures you should already own ).

What I think the campaign could really benefit from would be more add-on options:
- SNAFU for those who already have the base and don't mind mixing metal and plastic
- Plastic models on their own for those who want them (I could use an extra drohne or three)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joan Ribera
Spain
Palma de Mallorca
Balears
flag msg tools
Yuju!
badge
Homo Sectariens
mbmbmbmbmb
I was expecting for this Kickstarter! In fact, I cancelled my pledge for DDD to save for this, and the disappointing is terrible...

I have the base game, and unfortunately no minis, so this Kickstarter is not for me in any way.

Reasons:
- Not cheap (but I could handle that if it offers something I may want)
- Shipping costs to Europe (I can't avoid feeling that I would be paying the free shipping of others)
- There is no pledge for the ones, like me, that wants plastic minis and SNAFU

Anyway, since there are no early birds (thanks for that!) I will wait until the very last moment, to see if any of this can (or want to) be solved...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
Bewulf wrote:
kowalskie wrote:

I don't recall talks about an option like that. What they promised was an option for those who already have everything to get just the new stuff - and that option is the $80 Metalhead, which gives you just the updated components and the new models (in metal to match the metal figures you should already own ).

What I think the campaign could really benefit from would be more add-on options:
- SNAFU for those who already have the base and don't mind mixing metal and plastic
- Plastic models on their own for those who want them (I could use an extra drohne or three)

Yeah, there was a definite disconnect between those who wanted the plastic minis and new stuff (like me) and the Grindhouse guys presentation of their "new stuff for those with the old stuff" promise.

The reasons I picked up Incursion vs Space Hulk were theme and price. Buying the metal minis did not make sense to me and I was looking forward to getting the "new stuff".

I completely agree that they should have more al la carte options, and I think they should add a pledge level that cover only shipping. That way you can pay shipping and then add on for whatever you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Lloyd
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am likely going to pass on this one as well. I am trying not to back projects with Exclusives anymore.

Good Luck with the Kickstarter though, I have had my eye on this game for a long time and hopefully someday will get to try it out.

Peace
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunder wrote:
I am likely going to pass on this one as well. I am trying not to back projects with Exclusives anymore.

Heh, I guess you won't be backing any more KS projects then?

Pricing seems pretty spot on for me. The mini-heavy games tend to be $80-$100 MSRP, and at $160, you get the base + expansion + exclusives + freebies. My biggest gripe with the KS is that the marketing on the main page isn't clear what the game is. *I* know what the game is, but how many others know that this is a game inspired from the Space Hulk rules, how the game looks as you play, etc.

Hope they update that soon to get non-fans to join in

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Lloyd
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
Thunder wrote:

Heh, I guess you won't be backing any more KS projects then?

I am currently backing three.

shnar wrote:
Pricing seems pretty spot on for me. The mini-heavy games tend to be $80-$100 MSRP, and at $160, you get the base + expansion + exclusives + freebies.

The pricing doesn't scare me, though $160 for 53 plastic minis (without any stretch goals achieved) is a touch expensive. It is hard to tell what kind of plastic they are using and I cannot see where they specify.

The stretch goals are pretty spread out and the incremental gain is small. Roughly 1 or 2 extra minis every $25k.

shnar - I don't see that you get the Exclusive Figure Pack #1 at the $160 level, they are $40 extra. The only exclusive you get at that level is the Gretel mini.

Peace

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was said someplace that the plastic would be on par with Mice and Mystics. That was direct from Grind house.

Interesting side note, plaid hat games is selling a pack of all the mice and mystics minis for $15 in their store. Must not be too hard to pry those plastic minis from the production line.whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin Santoni
United States
Davie
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
Bit too expensive. I would maybe consider just buying the figs if that was an option.

And yea the new art is bad.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Russell
msg tools
He just said that it will be PVC plastic used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cliff hutton
United States
Plymouth
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Will have to pass. Am a sucker for board games with minis and zombies zombie,
but have the base game ( was ok.. not great) and a set of metal
Minis

If just the minis and or the extras are offered.. may reconsider ..
but until then. shake

This KS does seem to lack any nod towards those who purchased the original game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Spode
United States
Mount Airy
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Incursion Kickstarter wrote:
Brick and Mortar- Pledge if you are a retail storefront or non-discounting online retailer and wish to be on our distribution list, post-campaign. Being on this list will gain you limited access to Kickstarter Exclusive items (though not freebies). This game will likely not ship through a distributor in North America.

Is this a common option for kickstarter? It seems really odd and I can't imagine a store owner paying $25 dollars for...something, not even sure what.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Stangier
Germany
Offenbach
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jrv666 wrote:
- Shipping costs to Europe (I can't avoid feeling that I would be paying the free shipping of others)

If it helps let me tell you that that feeling is wrong.

Costs for international shipping from the US have skyrocketed in the last years. A box like Incursion should currently cost about $10 in the US and about $45 to Europe.
The $10 were already factored into the price (thus "free" US shipping) and with the $30 non-US backers are paying for shipping we end up at $40 (and that's not even taking out the Kickstarter/Amazon cut).
So what non-US backers are paying will barely, if at all, cover the actual shipping cost (and we have not started talking about the free international shipping for "Buckets of Blood" or that shipping costs are likely to rise till the game ships).

End result: Those free shipping people you are feeling you are paying for? It's more likely they are paying for you (and me).
Sadly the days where things like this could be shipped for $15 to Europe are a thing of the past.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim Bailey has seen the light!

Jim Bailey wrote:
Thanks for all the questions We may not be able to solve it all today but we have a long campaign ahead of us. We WILL have a pledge manager, there WILL be more add-ons in the plastic department per your request and we WILL have a clean add-on sheet.

&

Jim Bailey wrote:
@ Brandon, we're working on it. Give us a bit. Our goal is to service all you OG existing fans as much as new fans. I don't think we can manage a "one click" solution but we'll figure something out.

source
source

AND in response to this

CeeKay wrote:
I'm not really into minis or painting, so I have the original edition and SNAFU but I would love to have as "completion" package for the original edition
1) Updated rulebooks (assuming there are rules changes and/or scenario additions)
2) A second board (actual gameboard, not just mountable poster) for SNAFU scenarios
3) Die-cut "stand-ups" for SNAFU characters
4) Die-cut tokens/counters for SNAFU assets
5) Those sexy custom dice (all three types)
6) Whatever other new add-ons (e.g. stand-ups for new characters) get unlocked
I had 2-4 printed on some card stock at Kinko's a while back, but it's just not the same... I'd love to give you guys more of my money, but re-buying the entire thing, especially when mini's aren't really my thing... hard to justify.

source
Jim said this

Jim Baily wrote:
Anybody else out there in Ceekay's boat? Steel dies are really expensive. We need there to be about 200 of you willing to pay $10 each for a set of SNAFU cardboard standups to make it break even. Unfortunately, this may be one of those things where you email us and we put your name on a list and we try to hash something out after the campaign. Not everything has to happen in the Kickstarter :-)

source

Time will tell, but Grindhouse Games is showing more flexibility and "coolness" than what I was originally picking up. Now I sit back and wait for their solution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Worth
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
Yeah in my experience Jim is a really cool and flexible guy. When I first got the game I emailed him asking how I might go about getting some extra plastics stands (there were not enough to hold all the doors and figures). He offered to just send me a bag of them so I told him I'd order a copy of SNAFU if he tossed them into the shipment and we'd both be happy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
Style Over Substance
badge
"In loving memory of Mariel."
mb
Pledge $1 and make a request in the comments section. (^_^) I don't know the creator at all, but he seems not only active, but already adding pledge levels to make folks happy.

I never did get around to picking up the game, and am in for the bucket with included international shipping. One less thing to worry about is nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jrv666 wrote:
Anyway, since there are no early birds (thanks for that!) I will wait until the very last moment, to see if any of this can (or want to) be solved...
Thumbs up for that.

Need to do our best to get that out to the companies and make them understand it totally suck from our stand-point even if it's good for theirs. I'd totally be up for "we won't back anything which have an early bird discount" group/list or whatever =P (You don't need to hold your word.. sch! ;D)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bewulf wrote:
jrv666 wrote:

If it helps let me tell you that that feeling is wrong.

Costs for international shipping from the US have skyrocketed in the last years. A box like Incursion should currently cost about $10 in the US and about $45 to Europe.
The $10 were already factored into the price (thus "free" US shipping) and with the $30 non-US backers are paying for shipping we end up at $40 (and that's not even taking out the Kickstarter/Amazon cut).
So what non-US backers are paying will barely, if at all, cover the actual shipping cost (and we have not started talking about the free international shipping for "Buckets of Blood" or that shipping costs are likely to rise till the game ships).

End result: Those free shipping people you are feeling you are paying for? It's more likely they are paying for you (and me).
Sadly the days where things like this could be shipped for $15 to Europe are a thing of the past.
Stonemaier got it working for $12.

Euphoria was sold at $49 including shipping i China, EU and the US. MSRP is supposed to be $70.

I think the box is the regular 30x30 cm size one.

He's got plenty of guides for other projects:
http://www.stonemaiergames.com/how-to-provide-free-shipping-...

Step one is of course to ship it from within Europe rather than from the US. That also removes 64 USD in taxes and fees for the whole package for me here in Sweden. I assume they would have to pay some VAT though but shipping would likely be cheaper and in the end it wouldn't be 195 + 64 = 259 USD at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.