Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
lego lascott
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've recently become aware of this game, but I am having issues finding it for sale in the US. Anyone know where I can pick this up from?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
There are 2 brand new copies on Amazon (from a US seller - not me nor any company I'm affiliated with)

You can also keep your eyes open for it on Ebay as well as BGG's Marketplace.

You could even email users on here who have it marked For Trade and see if they would sell it (if you don't have anything they are looking for in trade)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can also pick up the German (or English) version from amazon.de and perhaps print a copy of the English rules.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lego lascott
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah the retailers on the US Amazon site are asking too steep of a price currently. I guess the game is out of print here in the States?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J T
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
legolascott wrote:
Yeah the retailers on the US Amazon site are asking too steep of a price currently. I guess the game is out of print here in the States?

I know Cool Stuff and Amazon have been out of stock for a very long time, and prices have risen from about $28 to $40-$50, where it's stayed for months.

I'm holding out hope that Gryphon will bring some copies stateside before the holiday shopping season to get the price down again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amelia Mouse
United Kingdom
Huntingdon
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
Been searching for this in the UK, having played and enjoyed with family recently. Seems to be sold out here too, but I finally found a copy at www.spiritgames.co.uk

Website shows it's still in stock. Not sure about shipping to US but worth a look

I'm enjoying it on Yucatan.de too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't understand why folks in the UK don't reflexively check amazon.de for interesting board games.

B>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amelia Mouse
United Kingdom
Huntingdon
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
Hell, I've just seen the price on amazon.de. Half the price I've just paid! Wish I could read German. Can't see how much the p&p would be for UK.
I would certainly use the website if I could translate

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Lampinen
Finland
Espoo
none
flag msg tools
(and a hermit)
badge
Fan of FUN games!
mbmbmb
amelia1730 wrote:
Hell, I've just seen the price on amazon.de. Half the price I've just paid! Wish I could read German. Can't see how much the p&p would be for UK.
I would certainly use the website if I could translate

If you use Google Chrome it auto-translates the website to English decently. Not sure about other browsers. But all the buttons are in same place as Amazon UK (and you can login with your Amazon UK account), so if you use it a lot or can memorize it a little, just go by intuition and click same things as you would there.

Basically, click big yellow button on game page, then "Zur Kasse gehen" (sometimes it asks login here, insert Amazon UK info and click big "Weiter"), then there's page with your payment info & address (they come from Amazon UK, just check they're correct), "Standard-Versand" should be auto-selected (basic shipping), click big yellow "Jetzt kaufen" and you're done. In my orders postage is 4-12€ in general (4-10 pounds or so), depends on size of the box, in case of Pergamon it'd be 5€. Sadly Amazon.de free shipping doesn't work outside Germany.

Third-party sellers on amazon.de can be bit sucky because they a) might not even ship outside Germany and b) the shipping doesn't scale with your other purchases so if you order 3 items from 2 different third-parties and one from Amazon, you'll get 3x full postage which is pretty nasty and probably negates the cheapness vs. English edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Kauk
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have one copy of Pergamon (brand new in shrink) for auction until Dec 16th, 2013. The starting price is less than I paid for it at an OLGS.

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/166409/oop-new-in-shrink-g...

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Beynon
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still available on Amazon.de at 17.07 Euro's plus postage (silly price as its currently reduced 15% from 20 Euros) Shipping is 2.5 Euros.
Delivery time to UK 3 Days

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cedar Creek
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
I also just picked this up from Amazon.de to Texas for $27.81 total - it took some time, but arrived in good shape. Thanks for the reminder to check Amazon.de!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.