Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Trimmer
United States
Houston
TX-Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Per the Eagle Games website, Martin Wallace is working with Glen Drover on the rules to their upcoming Civilization IV: The Boardgame.

I have to wonder if that release will be a modified version of Tempus as RRT was to Age of Steam and Conquest of the Empire to Struggle of Empires.

If the Eagle Games version will once again improve an earlier Wallace release, I may now want to wait for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Sorbello
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Quote:
if the Eagle Games version will once again improve an earlier Wallace release, I may now want to wait for it.

Improve???? in what way and how?
edit: I actually place this comment to comment on: improve once again...
I do not think eagle has managed to improve any game so far except for eyecandy...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall P.
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
"Nothing in Biology Makes Sense Except in the Light of Evolution" - Theodosius Dobzhansky
badge
There is grandeur in this view of life, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.
mbmbmbmbmb
lexen wrote:
Quote:
if the Eagle Games version will once again improve an earlier Wallace release, I may now want to wait for it.

Improve???? in what way and how?

One way would be to make the scoring anything but completely open and totally at the end of the game. Incremental scoring that is at least partially hidden would be my suggestion. Less kingmaking, and AP slowdown in the endgame.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Champion Eternal
Malaysia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This was EXACTLY what I was discussing about with my buddies three weeks ago!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Wallace
United Kingdom
Manchester
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Simple answer - no.

Tempus belongs to Pro Ludo. For me to sell an updated version of that game to Eagle would not be ethical. I could do that with Age of Steam as Warfrog were the publishers.

I am working on a Civ game and am attempting to come up with mechanics to fit the game, rather than updating an older design. Whether it will be published depends on if it is what Eagle are looking for.

Hope that is clear.

Martin Wallace

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.