United States
Hanover
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
These cards state the following:

Hidden Power: Axe's/Vampire's power equals the number of currently available cards in the level.

http://www.wired.com/geekdad/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Pixe...

What exactly does "currently available cards" mean? Is it the number of cards to the left of the active player? The total number of cards on the board at this time? The number of cards remaining in the level deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Tagmire
United States
Westmont
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
It's the total # of face up cards in the level that you are in. They can be in front of you or behind you, just not still in the level deck.

Each card will be anywhere from a Power of 1-5.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Hanover
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, so the vast majority of the time the power will be five. Got it. Can you give me an example of when there wouldn't be five cards on the board?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
HotMayoSandwich wrote:
Ok, so the vast majority of the time the power will be five. Got it. Can you give me an example of when there wouldn't be five cards on the board?

I think it will more often be less than 5. As you kill enemies and buy items, you will have less cards on the level, until one of the players reaches the level deck; at that point, you replenish the level back to 5. (IE, you don't replenish the cards immediately, you wait until the level "scrolls").

It's worth noting, though, that an Axe will ALWAYS kill a Vampire (barring a "cancel", of course), at least with the current cards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Hanover
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
That's sort of how my gaming group and I have been playing it, thanks Jason and Scott!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.