Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
27 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: [Amazon] Power Grid: Factory Manager $28.24 with Free Shipping (CSI $28.99) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mitchell Manzella
United States
Hamilton
NJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazon has Power Grid: Factory Manager for $28.24 with Free Prime Shipping or FSSS @ $35

CSI sells this for $28.99

BGG Info

Geeklist: Amazon FREE SHIPPING Hot Deals
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boards & Bits
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [Amazon] Power Grid: Factory Manager $27.96 with Free Shipping (CSI $28.99)
Just FYI, always $26.97 here:

http://www.boardsandbits.com/product_info.php?products_id=21...

Tom
Boards & Bits
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Archer

Manchester
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mb
$26.97 + $10.38 or more in shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mentalseppuku wrote:

If you don't order enough for free shipping. So yes, this is a good deal for those who don't do that. Fine. Still good to know by way of comparison. Especially for those who do generally order enough for free shipping, given the comparison to CSI, which is higher.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S P
United States
Zionsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Plus, Boards & Bits is awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Walker
United States
Meridian
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A copy of this sat on Amazon Warehouse forever. I think it started around $25 and I snagged it when it dropped to $11.89. It's a fun game, feeling similar, yet dissimilar to the original.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...game pleasure in wood
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mentalseppuku wrote:

No, that's $26.97 plus less than $100 to get a variety of other games at generally rock-bottom prices with free shipping. Game titles that you want, when you want them, as opposed to hoping one might go on sale at Amazon at some point in the future, for about the same price anyway...

In other words, I'd rather just hold off a bit and buy it from a OLGS like Boards & Bits with about 3-4 other games that I want to get the best price, with free shipping, too. The chances are, I would never be able to get those other 3-4 games at Amazon for as low as the OLGS has them for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Sommer
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
blindsorrow wrote:
In other words, I'd rather just hold off a bit and buy it from a OLGS like Boards & Bits with about 3-4 other games that I want to get the best price, with free shipping, too. The chances are, I would never be able to get those other 3-4 games at Amazon for as low as the OLGS has them for.

Which begs the question... why are you reading/posting in these threads, then?

Don't mean to be confrontational, but some people are in no hurry to pick up certain games, and some people don't want to amass an order over $100 before buying something they want. To each their own.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Archer

Manchester
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mb
blindsorrow wrote:
mentalseppuku wrote:

No, that's $26.97 plus less than $100 to get a variety of other games at generally rock-bottom prices with free shipping. Game titles that you want, when you want them, as opposed to hoping one might go on sale at Amazon at some point in the future, for about the same price anyway...

You realize this forum is "Hot Deals", right? I'm not telling people not to shop at Boards & Bits, I'm pointing out that 37.35 isn't a hot deal for this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mentalseppuku wrote:
...I'm pointing out that 37.35 isn't a hot deal for this game.

Nobody claimed that it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Turner
United States
Bexley
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:
mentalseppuku wrote:

Uhhhh, technically, Tom from B&B did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boards & Bits
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Saltone wrote:
curtc wrote:
mentalseppuku wrote:

Technically, I pointed out the price was better than one of the comparative prices

Tom
Boards & Bits
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Saltone wrote:
curtc wrote:
mentalseppuku wrote:

Uhhhh, technically he didn't. But you could settle this by quoting where Tom (or anyone else) said 37.35 is a hot deal for this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Turner
United States
Bexley
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:
Saltone wrote:
curtc wrote:
mentalseppuku wrote:

Uhhhh, technically he didn't. But you could settle this by quoting where Tom (or anyone else) said 37.35 is a hot deal for this game.

Tom posting his pricing being cheaper insinuates that the game is cheaper by purchasing it from B&B. The fact is, that if this is the only game you wish to purchase, B & B is not cheaper.

Since his price did not compare apples to apples (note the title states free shipping) Why not post the actual price of the product including shipping? Throwing in that you can get free shipping if you pay $100 is irrelevant. It is the same as saying I can get a great deal on my new car if I by four of them. The statement is in fact true, but irrelevant since I do not want or need three additional cars.(similar to the additional games I need to buy to get the shipping free from B & B).

The benefit of this deal is not the actual price of the game, it is the free shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Saltone wrote:
The fact is, that if this is the only game you wish to purchase, B & B is not cheaper.

Let's try this again: no one said otherwise.

Saltone wrote:
Since his price did not compare apples to apples (note the title states free shipping)

Yup, it's not apples to apples.

Saltone wrote:
Why not post the actual price of the product including shipping? Throwing in that you can get free shipping if you pay $100 is irrelevant. It is the same as saying I can get a great deal on my new car if I by four of them.

It's like that. And yet it's not. It's also like saying the price per tire is cheaper if you buy 4. Not everyone buys 4 tires at a time, but many people do. So it's a useful data point. Does that mean that a great price on a single tire is not a great deal? No. But other data points are also useful. There's no requirement that hot deals (or discussions within them) must be limited to price of a single game delivered.

Saltone wrote:
The benefit of this deal is not the actual price of the game, it is the free shipping.

Yes, we all get that. This same discussion happens in nearly every Amazon hot deal thread. Being able to get the single game delivered for that price is absolutely a hot deal, no one is disputing that. The only points I was arguing is that 1) Having data points is useful (it's typical to compare against other OLGSs, as the OP did himself), and 2) no one said 37.xx is a hot deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boards & Bits
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is exactly what I was saying:

Amazon has Power Grid: Factory Manager for $27.96 with Free Shipping

B&B sells this for $26.97

BGG Info

Apples to Apples

Tom
Boards & Bits
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Turner
United States
Bexley
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BoardsAndBits wrote:

BGG Info

Apples to Apples

Tom
Boards & Bits

Still not really apples to apples when the purpose of the hot deal is the free shipping.

I guess part of my issue is that you represent a store claiming to have a lower price. Then with the add on of shipping it is not. If this happened at a brick and mortar store where the price advertised was not the same as what I had to pay I would not be a happy camper.

Like looking at two ads in the Sunday Paper for a TV, I go to the store to buy it and there is a "delivery cost" that prices it above the other tv where there were no add-ons.

Oh well, I am done here. Good luck to you both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boards & Bits
United States
Spokane Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Saltone wrote:
BoardsAndBits wrote:

BGG Info

Apples to Apples

Tom
Boards & Bits

Still not really apples to apples when the purpose of the hot deal is the free shipping.

I guess part of my issue is that you represent a store claiming to have a lower price. Then with the add on of shipping it is not. If this happened at a brick and mortar store where the price advertised was not the same as what I had to pay I would not be a happy camper.

Like looking at two ads in the Sunday Paper for a TV, I go to the store to buy it and there is a "delivery cost" that prices it above the other tv where there were no add-ons.

The OP was comparing apples to oranges, I was comparing apples to apples. I see the difference, but maybe I'm wrong.

Tom
Boards & Bits
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...game pleasure in wood
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Saltone wrote:
BoardsAndBits wrote:

BGG Info

Apples to Apples

Tom
Boards & Bits

So, I'm now wondering, should I find groups of highly-ranked games at the lowest total price available being sold by a single OLGS (B&B, CSI, MM, etc.) at a minimum price of at least $100/125 to qualify for free shipping, and post them as a "hot deal" in comparison to Amazon's price for that same group of games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dickson
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How about we let people post Amazon deals without the thread turning into a parade of "But Online Game Store X ALWAYS has it at this price!" every single time?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
L. Bogerly
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DailyRich wrote:
How about we let people post Amazon deals without the thread turning into a parade of "But Online Game Store X ALWAYS has it at this price!" every single time?

And, how about we let people post competitor's prices without having to repeat the free shipping arguments.

Folks give data. It helps some people decide if its a hot deal for them. Use it as you will, but don't read too much into it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DailyRich wrote:

There was no "But"; it was simply one more data point. How about we let people post comparison prices to other online game stores for the benefit of all, without the thread turning into a parade of "but you don't get free shipping if you order just a single game!" every single time? Hot Deals forum is not monopolized by people who only order single games. Sometimes the Amazon price is better than other OLGSs. Seeing prices to other shops doesn't hurt anyone. It's just data that people can use or not as they see fit. The threads start to go off the rails when people say stuff like "I'm pointing out that 37.35 isn't a hot deal for this game" which is nothing at all what anyone was claiming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Turner
United States
Bexley
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:
DailyRich wrote:

There was no "But"; it was simply one more data point. How about we let people post comparison prices to other online game stores for the benefit of all, without the thread turning into a parade of "but you don't get free shipping if you order just a single game!" every single time? Hot Deals forum is not monopolized by people who only order single games. Sometimes the Amazon price is better than other OLGSs. Seeing prices to other shops doesn't hurt anyone. It's just data that people can use or not as they see fit. The threads start to go off the rails when people say stuff like "I'm pointing out that 37.35 isn't a hot deal for this game" which is nothing at all what anyone was claiming.

Hilarious, you are have bickered with four different people in this one thread. Hmmmm and the problem lies where?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Saltone wrote:
Hilarious, you are have bickered with four different people in this one thread. Hmmmm and the problem lies where?

And there have been 5 people who have been positive toward sharing the extra data. So if you're suggesting we keep score, that's 5 to 4 in favor of more data.

If you're saying my posting more than others has anything to do with anything, I guess I don't follow you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Turner
United States
Bexley
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
curtc wrote:
I guess I don't follow you.

Of course you don't

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.