T. Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say that the Performing Actions phase continues "until none of the players can or will perform any further action." In another place they say: "When none of the players is able to or wants to perform any further action, that is when all players skipped, the action phase is over."

So obviously if all players pass then the phase ends. But I don't see anything about whether it's a hard pass or a soft pass (i.e., once you pass you're out or you can re-enter after passing if others are still taking actions). I can see that a soft pass wouldn't generally be useful since the cost of taking actions is quickly rising, but just wanted to check whether it's even an option or if you're supposed to be out of the round for good once you pass.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Hard pass per the rules posted at Kaivai.doc, section 8.5.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. Although those are the first edition rules (e.g., game lasts 10 rather than 8 rounds, fish start on space 5 rather than space 4), but I assume the hard pass was carried over to the second edition rules, even if it's not explicitly stated in them as far as I can see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thommy8 wrote:
Thanks. Although those are the first edition rules (e.g., game lasts 10 rather than 8 rounds, fish start on space 5 rather than space 4), but I assume the hard pass was carried over to the second edition rules, even if it's not explicitly stated in them as far as I can see.

Can't speak to that as I have not played second edition rules and have no intention of doing so. The original game is pretty brilliant as written, or at least as interpreted by Andy Parson in the posted ruleset.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.