United States
Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
Reroll!
badge
C'mon roll allready!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not played Battlelore in some time, and have a 4 player game coming up tonight. Where in the many many rule books are the rules for marking which units receive alliance tokens in Reluctant allies Agincourt epic variant? Yes, I am trying to take the easy way out of a jam and use my fellow boardgamegeeks as a quick cheat. Thanx in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Symons
Belgium
Glabbeek
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume you mean 'Reluctant Allies', those rules are on page 8-9 of the Epic Expansion rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rewoldt
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Already past your game night, not sure if this would've been helpful anyway - to my knowledge there isn't an official Epic Agincourt using Reluctant Allies rules. Certainly one could adapt the scenario though.

One way to do it would be to randomly decide which ally each unit would be: flip a coin, roll a die, etc., 50/50 that each unit will belong to one or the other allies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Price
United States
Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
Reroll!
badge
C'mon roll allready!
mbmbmbmbmb
The game was a success.Everyone had fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rewoldt
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Details (a plea, not a command ) ? Did you play using Reluctant Allies, or just the more straight-forward multi-player version (you take this section, I take that one, etc.)?

Good to hear fun was had - I really enjoy the Epic versions of all the C&C games, both head-to-head and multiple players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Price
United States
Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
Reroll!
badge
C'mon roll allready!
mbmbmbmbmb
I will not give a complete game session report, but we started out with the Epic board divided in two. This of course did not work out well with the three sections in C&C system. I should have known better than to even attempt to play it like that in the first place, but I haven't laughed that hard in a long time! Fun with old friends.(priceless) I will think first next time though, a coin to decide player control is a good idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rewoldt
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vprice wrote:
...we started out with the Epic board divided in two.

While I would continue to suggest the "coin flip" method to set the board for RA play of an existing non-RA adventure, this way would be interesting as well. Having to pay two orders to order an ally unit would make this not impossible, just more sluggish (which isn't always an awful thing - I enjoy the tension hand management provides to this game in general).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.