Popular Tags: BGG_BSG_PBF [+] [View All]
Neil Armstrong
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

As we find ourselves waiting for Daybreak, I thought it would be fitting to give a last hoorah to BSG as we know it.

Daybreak is replacing the main components that were introduced in Pegasus other than Pegasus itself - treachery, Cylon Leader Agendas, and a non-Kobol destination. Once Daybreak hits, it's unlikely we'll be able to get away from those mechanics, so I'm starting a 5-player Game with Exodus (all modules) but no Pegasus. This also happily coincides with a few people at the top of the waitlist.

Some may want to hold their place at the top of the waitlist for Daybreak; no hard feelings if you decline.

As fair warning, I have a vacation planned for the last week of August (27th to 31st) and then two weeks at the end of September for my wedding and honeymoon. I'll arrange for substitute mods.

Let's try to get to sleeper by the time Daybreak is released (scheduled sometime in August). That way everyone can get back on the WL for a Daybreak game Please come prepared to check in at least twice a day, 6-8 hours apart so that we can move things along at a good clip.

Invites:

l33tspaniard - IN!
olehmann - Out
oldpear - IN!
YodaOldBoy - IN!
Dexter345 - Out
fizzmore - IN!
Evershifter - no reponse
KraZug - Out
Ghazk - no response
Asahi - Out

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean B
United States
Abandoned Oil Rig
Gulf of Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'll miss out on my three favorite characters to pay (Ellen, Dee, and Kat) but I'll also get to avoid the nuisance that is Cain. Sounds like a great way to herald the new expansion. I'm in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Armstrong
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How did I know that I'd hear from you near-instantaneously, Sean. I swear you have BGG hard wired into your brain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Armstrong
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

This was made possible by ColtsFan76 and he has my undying thanks for that. I will also be using the Open Office spreadsheet and GIMP files created by Orphius and completely revamped by :jasperhawk:. I think they are amazing.

For info on PBF see - Tips and Tricks for BSG PBF

Standard Things to remember/know:

d10-1All players must have their own copies of the game (this is an FFG requirement).

d10-2Follow PBF conventions. Bold your actions! I will not process anything until bolded. Use italics for in-character talk, and use images for flavor and fun. Find lots of them here: http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/item/1834905#item1834905.

d10-3Use the image banners so we know who you are. If you're on a mobile device and don't want to look up your bannerID, please put your character name at the top of your post.

d10-4Don't communicate with other players outside the thread. Any private communication should be between me and particular players. If you have a question that you don’t want to ask publically, ask me, that's what I'm here for!

d10-5Subscribe to the thread! I expect that you will be able to check in twice a day, at least 6-8 hours apart.

d10-6Use Conditional Orders (COs) and the game will run smoothly. The game is much more enjoyable when it’s moving along and not getting stalled for days. If I have questions about your COs I will ask you privately, I'm not interested in trying to "screw" you by executing a CO that clearly didn't account for something.

d10-7I like to make my board images after the current player has received their cards, so everyone knows how many cards are out there. So if you have a variable draw, please send in your COs for those as soon as you can.

d10-8I will assume that each player has the following standing COs. Send me a GM when you'd like to act otherwise.

* Pass on declare emergency
* Pass on strategic planning for shots against raiders, scouts if there's more than one raptor remaining and shots by cylon ships
* Pass on character abilities
* Pass on evasive maneuvers for unmanned vipers that aren't protecting a civilian ship
* If everybody else has responded to an interrupt and you haven't, and you don't have the cards in question, I will pretend you sent me a pass CO. This will not divulge hand information since I will also pass those who sent me a pass CO at the same time.
* If there are multiple conflicting CO interrupts, and the players have not worked out whose to play, I will play the lowest-valued interrupt. If it's still tied, I will play the interrupt for the player whose turn is coming up sooner.

d10-9Respect secrecy rules. Some often overlooked secrecy violations include:

* Providing a public CO (bolding when it is not your turn to act)
* Saying "medium" if you've played one card
* Talking about scouted cards (top or buried) beyond "good" or "bad"
* Identifying which cards/colours you played into a skillcheck
* Volunteering the contents of your hand if it's not directly relevant to the current discussion

d10-0Don't quote anything from more than two pages back in the thread. Say what you think happened in your own words.

I am a HuMod (  Battlestar Galactica - Not a Cylon ) and make mistakes or miss things, so please tell me if you think anything is wrong! It probably is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe O'Donnell
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in. Thanks!

I'll be on vacation 8/17 through 8/25 but never far from a computer. Might even check in MORE often.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean B
United States
Abandoned Oil Rig
Gulf of Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmb
Caimion wrote:
How did I know that I'd hear from you near-instantaneously, Sean. I swear you have BGG hard wired into your brain.

Quiet you! Now the know I'm already a cylon. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the invite, but I'm going to wait for a Daybreak game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
BSG 334 is still going on, and I think I'll hold out for Daybreak. I would like to respectfully decline this invitation. Thanks, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul W
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
One last hurrah it is, count me in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe O'Donnell
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As though sensing this new game was coming my way, out of the blue I decided to watch the first episode of the original Battlestar Galactica TV show from 1978 two days ago. Really terrible and awesome. Rick Springfield was Adama's other son!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thierry Soucie
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in for a good ol' game with Trauma and Allies, yeah! My group doesn't like trauma so much, so I don't get to play with it all that often. Can't wait!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Korvin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

Thanks for the invitation, but I'm still in a Variant game. So I will pass, if there are enough willing player (I'm sure they are).

cheers
Korvin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Armstrong
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

We have four out of five. I'll give the three who haven't responded a bit more time to respond, but in the meantime we can roll for turn order.

As a reminder, Pegasus characters are unavailable.

Closest to 368 goes first.

l33tspaniard: 1d1000 = (766) = 766
oldpear: 1d1000 = (671) = 671
YodaOldBoy 1d1000 = (858) = 858
fizzmore 1d100 = (61) = 61
Mystery Fifth 1d1000 = (527) = 527

Well isn't that just peachy. Our mystery fifth is first

d10-1 Mystery Fifth
d10-2 oldpear
d10-3 fizzmore
d10-4 l33tspaniard
d10-5 YodaOldBoy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 407877. Caimion
  • 1d1000 =
  • (766) =
  • l33tspaniard:
  • Fri Aug 2, 2013 9:25 pm
  • [+]
  • 407878. Caimion
  • 1d1000 =
  • (671) =
  • oldpear:
  • Fri Aug 2, 2013 9:25 pm
  • [+]
  • 407879. Caimion
  • 1d1000 =
  • (858) =
  • YodaOldBoy
  • Fri Aug 2, 2013 9:26 pm
  • [+]
  • 407880. Caimion
  • 1d100 =
  • (61) =
  • fizzmore
  • [+]
  • 407881. Caimion
  • 1d1000 =
  • (527) =
  • Mystery Fifth
Sean B
United States
Abandoned Oil Rig
Gulf of Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmb
You could've fudged the rolls and we would never have questioned it whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Armstrong
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

OK, three additional invites going out to:
weiszz
leafboy - On Deck
Arcadious

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Cox
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In if needed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Madsen
United States
Kearns
Utah
flag msg tools
Trains!
badge
Houseplant?
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul W
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
weissz is in a game that's still ongoing, plus two variant games, so can we proceed with leafboy?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Madsen
United States
Kearns
Utah
flag msg tools
Trains!
badge
Houseplant?
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, 5 player. I'm in 3 other games already, so I can sit this out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Armstrong
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Welcome aboard, Leafboy! Thanks, Arcadious, but we just needed the one more

By CO, he's chosen Tory Foster.

oldpear, you're up, please choose a support, military leader or pilot. A starting draw will be appreciated as well (I'll allow/encourage public COs for that).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe O'Donnell
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll take Felix Gaeta.
Draw Tactics, Leadership, and Politics.

Last time I played Felix, he was killed very early. Here's hoping I get to use his abilities this time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Armstrong
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Or, you just jinxed it

Fizzmore, please choose a support or pilot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thierry Soucie
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My Felix is currently doing strong and well in BSG 334. Might not survive the next few turns though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Armstrong
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Have a token because I'm bored

Edit: Neeeeenja by fizzmore! l33tspaniard can pick anything.

Character Selection wrote:

Please include starting draws.

leafboy - Tory full draw
oldpear - Gaeta 1 politics, 1 leadership, 1 tactics
fizzmore - Apollo 1 politics, 1 leadership, 1 tactics
l33tspaniard
YodaOldBoy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul W
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
oldpear wrote:
I'll take Felix Gaeta.
Draw Tactics, Leadership, and Politics.

Last time I played Felix, he was killed very early. Here's hoping I get to use his abilities this time.

I remember that, good times

devil

I'll select Major Lee Adama.

For my starting draw, I'll take 1 Politics/1 Leadership/1 Tactics and I'll start in Sector 5.

Let's move people! We've got work to do!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [34] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.