Phantom Leader Deluxe» Forums » Rules

Subject: ECM pods affect all attacks? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gary S.
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just read the rules and am I right in thinking that ECM pods give you a chance of evading everything?

Seemed a bit odd that they would help avoid Heavy Machine Gun or AA sites that were being fired just by using the Mk1 Eyeball.

Looking forward to playing my first game tonite :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Holzman
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
As grey traces of dawn tinge the eastern sky, the three travellers, men of Willowdale, emerge from the forest's shadow. Fording the river, they turn south, journeying into the dark and forbidding lands of The Necromancer...
mbmbmbmbmb
The AA sites were frequently (usually?) equipped with a fire control guidance radar like Fire Can, which means that ECM would be helpful in spoofing them. Not so sure about heavy MG fire, but having ECM provide "evasion" capability for every attack is not unreasonable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary S.
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Much appreciated - I don't mind the odd anomaly here and there, I just wanted to be sure that I had it right

First campaign is underway!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary S.
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Going thru my first campaign which is great fun but HMGs, old AA guns, and RIFLE FIRE. Really?

Am going to house rule it for the next one and see what happens
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tuomas Takala
Finland
Lahti
flag msg tools
badge
Silk for Calde!
mbmbmbmbmb
Pheasant Plucker wrote:
Going thru my first campaign which is great fun but HMGs, old AA guns, and RIFLE FIRE. Really?

Am going to house rule it for the next one and see what happens

In Hornet Leader, I have houseruled ECM pod to work only on sites with the "R" marker. It makes some situations more hairy, but I can't recall any actual losses resulting that.

Anyway, Vietnam is a whole different ballgame. I guess the SA-2 is the only one with the R, so I wouldn't apply my houserule as such to Phantom Leader. I'll see when I get the game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.