The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Careful, they read BGG and might show up at your house in the dead of night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
This flag says we will fight until only our bones are left.
mbmbmbmbmb
Stay classy, Teamsters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
Unions are pretty scummy overall, but I don't think any of them can compete with the Teamsters for bottom of the barrel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh come on! Didn't you ever see On the Waterfront? It's totally a tie between the longshoremen and the Teamsters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Case
United States
Greensboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a Teamster, and I am appalled at this. The very idea of picketing a funeral, not to even mention the other garbage these people are doing, is shameful and disgusting.

I only came into the thread because I saw the title in the list of recent forum entries, and I honestly was more than half expecting to find some sort of parody, and hoping that the topic was not genuine.

Seeing where this travesty is occurring makes a little more sense; at its core, this would seem to be more a spinoff of "the Chicago way" than a Teamster thing.

Something like this simply couldn't happen here in the Mayberry area. Our local leadership would never order it, the stewards would never accept it, and the members would never show up.

[edit: added for clarity]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Profile
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
does anyone REALLY want to choose a side between funeral homes and teamsters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iyana
Canada
flag msg tools
Altair IV wrote:

And not just any funeral home, but SCI. They aren't exactly a friendly 'family run' funeral home. Though given that they mostly buy successful funeral homes, and keep the original names on them, many customers don't realise who they are actually dealing with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iyana
Canada
flag msg tools
Euroncrowseye wrote:
Iyana wrote:
Altair IV wrote:

And not just any funeral home, but SCI. They aren't exactly a friendly 'family run' funeral home. Though given that they mostly buy successful funeral homes, and keep the original names on them, many customers don't realise who they are actually dealing with.

What's the issue with funeral homes here?

http://www.cbc.ca/marketplace/pre-2007/files/services/funera...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If your source for the 'horrifying' behavior wasn't a wingnut E-paper it might be a more interesting story. Union folks picketing a corporation isn't really news in and of itself.

Side Note: I wonder how many folks go to that website mistakenly thinking it is 'Washington Free Bacon' only to be very dissapointed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't care what 'justification' there may be for the teamsters actions, this is obscene. OK maybe picketing funeral homes can be done ion a respectful and dignified way, but it seems that this bunch of wankers are trying to be offensive and objectionable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Profile
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Euroncrowseye wrote:
Iyana wrote:
Altair IV wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
This flag says we will fight until only our bones are left.
mbmbmbmbmb
Altair IV wrote:
Euroncrowseye wrote:
Iyana wrote:
Altair IV wrote:

People think that when you die, you go to heaven.

You come to us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.