Subject: My cutest C&C play so far: What is yours? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Geoff Hollis
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
I've performed, and had performed on me, quite a few interesting plays with the C&C cards so far. Here's my favorite one, which I just pulled off:

Was playing against a known bank job player. I dropped Thomas Haas into an unprotected remote, and advanced him three times (mandatory upgrades scored). Runner is at 3 credits with a desperado in play. Plays bank job, then plays dirty laundry to run on the server. I rez and activate Thomas Haas. The server ceases to exist, the run ends (FAQ 1.2, p. 3). Bank Job, Desperado, and Dirty Laundry fail to activate because the run was never successful, and the runner is stuck at 0 credits and a completely wasted turn!

Anyone else have cute/interesting plays that were enabled by C&C cards?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward K.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow that is amazing. I know I would be super pissed.

I sadly do not have any fancy stories, just wanted to comment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice!

My favorite was Eschering two archers out of the way, to archives and HQ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Haunted Game Cafe
United States
Fort Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Came for the Exploratory Romp story.

Left disappointed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Owens
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
14 Credits flushed away. Bravo, sir.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nephtys Nephtys
msg tools
Baiting Kit with Yog and a datasucker token to stimhack into Viktor 2.0 as the innermost ice, followed up with using Efficiency Committee to power up ronin for the killshot.

...while using Cerebral Imaging.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Larner
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mine's not particularly impressive, but it did make me laugh. I'm on zero credits, with eli on rnd and an unrezed piece of ice in front of it. My Shaper opponent is on his third click with 4 credits, Corroder and 2 RnD interfaces. He runs RnD (assuming I can't rez the ice and he can break eli). I rez a pop up, which gains me a credit and ends the run. On my turn I take a credit, and play 2 Successful Demonstrations. I never imagined it would be Pop-up I would be demonstrating!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Larner
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Nephtys wrote:
Baiting Kit with Yog and a datasucker token to stimhack into Viktor 2.0 as the innermost ice, followed up with using Efficiency Committee to power up ronin for the killshot.

Efficiency Committee to power up Ronin?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward K.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jadiel wrote:
Nephtys wrote:

Edit because I'm an idiot. You can't advance cards with EC, Unless you advance a card twice then use EC to gain a click.

Unless you mean you use both Haas Arcology AI and EC to do it, then it might work?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nephtys Nephtys
msg tools
Jadiel wrote:
Nephtys wrote:

Clarification: Not efficiency committee, Haas AI. Got the asset and the agenda mixed up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Wilson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably my cutest play was vs. an HBFA deck:

R&D was Rototurret => Ichi 1.0 => Ice Wall. My Exile rig was Datasucker, a str 1 Atman, and a clone chip.

It was match point for me, 6-2. On the previous turn I'd used all of my datasucker tokens indexing. I found a 1 pointer and a 2 pointer. I put the one pointer in position one and the 2 pointer in 3, gambling that he wouldn't draw past an agenda, since I thought he was holding at least one. Sure enough, mandatory draw plus first-click draw.

My turn:

Run R&D, broke Ice Wall, let Ichi trash programs, clone-chipped Atman back at str 0, broke the rototurret and grabbed that 2-pointer for the win.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jackman
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Playing Kit. Two R&D interfaces out, and a 5 str cyber cypher on R&D and HQ. He has cheap code gates as external ice on every server to 'blank' my ID. Escher so that R&D is protected by Data Pike x2 and Pop up window x2. Hehe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Spend Efficiency Committee counter. Install MMC. Rez. Activate MMC.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Finkel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
laikal wrote:
R&D was Rototurret => Ichi 1.0 => Ice Wall. My Exile rig was Datasucker, a str 1 Atman, and a clone chip.

My turn:

Run R&D, broke Ice Wall, let Ichi trash programs, clone-chipped Atman back at str 0, broke the rototurret and grabbed that 2-pointer for the win.

Weird convention. Most people say "outermost ICE => middle ICE => inner ICE".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Wilson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting convention difference.

Here's another:
Priority Requisition: is it a 5/3 or 3/5 agenda? I say 5/3 .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AWESOME STORY

Hmmm... My C&C experience has been really lacking these days, having another project that I'm *determined* to get done somewhere sooner than later...

I was on 1 cred, exile, full hand with Clone Chip and Opus out. NBN opponent on 12 money, drops 2 ICE and a face-down in a remote.

My turn, I FCC my entire hand for 8 money, opus twice more, 13 bucks - clone chip grabs SMC from archive which grabs a Femme, femme inner ICE, run. He rezzes a popup (suspected as much), and doesn't rez the inner because it's a tollbooth (revealed later, but also suspected as much)

If he rezzed tollbooth I'd still get through, at least there was that.

In and stole an astroscript, woot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eliot Hemingway
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had three Tollbooths on R&D. Then my opponent played Escher, and I was sad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lluluien
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
hollis wrote:
I've performed, and had performed on me, quite a few interesting plays with the C&C cards so far. Here's my favorite one, which I just pulled off:

Was playing against a known bank job player. I dropped Thomas Haas into an unprotected remote, and advanced him three times (mandatory upgrades scored). Runner is at 3 credits with a desperado in play. Plays bank job, then plays dirty laundry to run on the server. I rez and activate Thomas Haas. The server ceases to exist, the run ends (FAQ 1.2, p. 3). Bank Job, Desperado, and Dirty Laundry fail to activate because the run was never successful, and the runner is stuck at 0 credits and a completely wasted turn!

So not only is Hollis a gentleman, and a scholar...

...he's also an evil conniving bastard I guess we knew that already since he plays Jinteki though.

Well played, sir!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lluluien
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Tuism wrote:
AWESOME STORY

Hmmm... My C&C experience has been really lacking these days, having another project that I'm *determined* to get done somewhere sooner than later...

I was on 1 cred, exile, full hand with Clone Chip and Opus out. NBN opponent on 12 money, drops 2 ICE and a face-down in a remote.

My turn, I FCC my entire hand for 8 money, opus twice more, 13 bucks - clone chip grabs SMC from archive which grabs a Femme, femme inner ICE, run. He rezzes a popup (suspected as much), and doesn't rez the inner because it's a tollbooth (revealed later, but also suspected as much)

Question on timing (because I actually haven't gotten to play any C&C yet; haven't been on OCTGN since db0 got the new pack done and my !@#$^!@#$^ing cards didn't come till yesterday):

You may have even done it this way, but just double-checking -

You could make the run to see the first ICE in case it wasn't Pop-up (since something else might have stopped you), and you could've waited until he rezzed Tollbooth and then yanked SMC->Femme out right there to beat it after he blew his 8 credits as well, right? And then just taken his ASPP if he refused to rez the Tollbooth suspecting you would Femme it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lluluien
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Saan wrote:
Playing Kit. Two R&D interfaces out, and a 5 str cyber cypher on R&D and HQ. He has cheap code gates as external ice on every server to 'blank' my ID. Escher so that R&D is protected by Data Pike x2 and Pop up window x2. Hehe.

This is the thing that really bothers me about people claiming that Corp can just put a cheap codegate at the front of their servers to make Kit not a thing.

If Kit forces the Corp to do that, she IS a thing, and then this Escher play is really, really mean.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lluluien wrote:
Tuism wrote:
AWESOME STORY

Question on timing (because I actually haven't gotten to play any C&C yet; haven't been on OCTGN since db0 got the new pack done and my !@#$^!@#$^ing cards didn't come till yesterday):

You may have even done it this way, but just double-checking -

You could make the run to see the first ICE in case it wasn't Pop-up (since something else might have stopped you), and you could've waited until he rezzed Tollbooth and then yanked SMC->Femme out right there to beat it after he blew his 8 credits as well, right? And then just taken his ASPP if he refused to rez the Tollbooth suspecting you would Femme it?

If I ran it first, I would have one less click to take money, (heck and one less money) and since SMC costs 2 to grab femme, I needed 11 bucks in total, + 2 (1 for pop up 1 for bypass) to reliably get through.

And I know he could score whatever's behind it so I didn't want to take that chance...

Wait. I didn't need to drop the femme in the first place during the last-click run.

OHHHHHH >_<

Told you I was rusty as hell...!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lluluien
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
lluluien wrote:
So not only is Hollis a gentleman, and a scholar...

...he's also an evil conniving bastard I guess we knew that already since he plays Jinteki though.

Well played, sir!

And now that I've read the whole thread, I know you're all evil, conniving bastards! This is a cool thread

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lluluien
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Tuism wrote:
Told you I was rusty as hell...!

Don't worry dude, rusty is easy to fix; I read through stuff like what people are describing in the rest of this thread thinking "Man, maybe I'm not actually very good at this game" on a fairly frequent basis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt - Conduit23
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a cute play but I got my first win-with-5-brain-damage today.

Hit a triple advanced Cerebral Overwriter and then ran into a Heimdall 2.0 with 0 clicks and 1 Datasucker token short of being able to Atman through it.

I won with a last ditch Stimhack+R&D Interface run through his 4 ICE deep R&D.

Sidenote: Atman has made Shaper ridiculously fun for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Day
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
hollis wrote:

I'm almost positive that was against me. First game with new cards using my Andy deck with a couple tweaks. First time learning lessons is always memorable

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.