Stacey Hager
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Order now!

http://www.gmtgames.com/p-455-combat-commander-europe-2014-r...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Hasegawa
United States
Chandler
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope they aren't going to screw up the counter sheets cutting with the reprint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Lindsay
United States
Soquel
California
flag msg tools
badge
Total randomly Braxton...
mbmbmbmbmb
Tatsu wrote:
I hope they aren't going to screw up the counter sheets cutting with the reprint.

Yep, I was fortunate enough to get one of those... not! shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan, Cats were once worshipped as gods and they haven't forgotten this, Combat Commander series fan, The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!, Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
A copy of Europe and Med are both sitting on the shelf on my FLGS in Waterloo, if you want a copy now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McLintock
Scotland
Glasgow
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
badge
"Roll dice and kick ass!"
mbmbmbmbmb
BraxtonBragg wrote:
Tatsu wrote:

Yep, I was fortunate enough to get one of those... not! shake

Comments made by GMT at the time of the 2nd print run mean that there is no reason to expect that mistake to be repeated. I certainly hope not because I've held off getting a replacement copy of CCE precisely to avoid getting these 'infamous' counters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian S.
United States
Miniapples
Minisoda
flag msg tools
01010011 01001000 01000001 01001100 01001100 00100000 01010111 01000101 00100000 01010000 01001100 01000001 01011001 00100000 01000001 00100000 01000111 01000001 01001101 01000101 00111111
mbmbmbmbmb
Tatsu wrote:

What was the problem?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hill
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The counters were cut with connection points to the sheet on the sides of the counters as well as the corners. When pulled from the sheets the counters have a 'bump' on the sides that is difficult if not impossible to trim. The first edition, Med and the battle packs that provided counters were only attached at the corners making trimming very easy. You can see the difference in some of the image files.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At GMT headquarters I purchased spare counter sheets for the three base game nationalities and received the counters with side-attachments to the frame.

They are not bad-looking. The 'questionable' German HMGs and Rifle squad counters are integrated into my counter set with the original counters, and in play I never notice that some of them were differently attached to the frame.

In this photo:
http://boardgamegeek.com/image/1732902/chicklewis?size=origi...
both of the German squad counters have the side attachments, while all of the other counters do not. You need to look very closely to notice the little nibs.

Mind you, I never 'pull', but always use an exacto knife to cut my counters from the frames.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.