Subject: Game shops in Malta rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Holger Doessing
Denmark
Odense
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to Malta next week. Has anyone any experience with finding board games there? We will be staying in Sliema, just NW of Valetta, but we'll probably go to a number of different sites.

If anyone knows of a better place to move this post to, please let me know. Sadly, Malta doesn't have its own BGG forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfred Wallace
United States
Champaign
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are five users with Malta flags and avatars; you might just want to ask one directly:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/browser.php?itemtype=flag&count...

I know Richard Ham is on pretty frequently.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Did someone call my name?

Hi Holger. There's 3 places I know of that you can check:

Forbidden Power
http://www.forbiddenpower.com/
This is a standard CCG/Warhammer store with a small handful of boardgames. The most amazing thing about it was the first time I went in and was checking their shelves, I was shocked to find an in-shrink copy of Star Wars Queens Gambit, at the original price! Bought it on the spot, of course

Malta Comics
http://www.maltacomics-and-more.com/
This is a comic book store that also has a small selection of games. I haven't been in there for almost a year now, so I don't know what the current sitch is.

RC World
http://www.maltacovered.com/place/rc-world/
This is a toy store that has recently (within the last 3 months or so) started carrying boardgames, and they've got a SUPRISINGLY good selection. Definitely worth checking out while you're here. The owner is hoping that he can start to develop a boardgame community on the island, and I wish him the best!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Holger Doessing
Denmark
Odense
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent advice and very much appreciated. Thanks! thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malta Covered.com
Malta
flag msg tools
I was in RC world in Naxxar not so long ago and they had the best selection of board games I have seen on the island.

Hope you enjoy your time in Malta
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to Discussing Retailers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Maes
Belgium
Mechelen
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazing, I was looking for game shops in Malta and ended up here

Good to know I can scratch that itch while on vacation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rasmus Helms
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here to revive a dead thread:
I'll be going to Malta today for honeymoon and was wondering if the above mentioned stores are still open (and relevant) and if any new ones should be added to the list.
I'll be staying in Sliema, so anything in Valletta or Sliema would be greatly appreciated
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
RHelms wrote:
I'll be going to Malta today for honeymoon and was wondering if the above mentioned stores are still open (and relevant) and if any new ones should be added to the list.
I'll be staying in Sliema, so anything in Valletta or Sliema would be greatly appreciated

i'm over on gozo now so it's been a few years since i've been to any of those shops, so i'm probably not best suited to ask...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Iezzi
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rahdo wrote:
RHelms wrote:

i'm over on gozo now so it's been a few years since i've been to any of those shops, so i'm probably not best suited to ask...

Are there any game groups that meet up to play there at all?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Geikamir wrote:
rahdo wrote:
RHelms wrote:

Are there any game groups that meet up to play there at all?

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1562421/malta-gaming-resour...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.