Popular Tags: [View All]
Subatomic Birdicle
United States
flag msg tools
*chirp*
badge
*squawk*
mbmbmbmbmb
I am wondering about SiF and CPiF. I like the idea of carrier planes, but I don't like the idea of flooding the board with tons of extra ships, I am afraid it would make air less potent vs ships.

Is it possible to use the carrier planes from SiF and CPiF, and the carriers too, and not use any other ships from SiF?

How do the carrier planes from CPiF work? Are they just added to the pool of buildable units, or are there also more of them at start as well?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
If you added the carriers and CVPs from SIF and CVPiF, but no other SIF ships, you would REALLY boost the power of carriers vs surface ships! I wouldn't recommend.

CVPiF planes are just added to the pool of carrier planes; available for use at-start (if they are of the right year of course), and for building subsequently. I use CVPiF but it isn't essential.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Subatomic Birdicle
United States
flag msg tools
*chirp*
badge
*squawk*
mbmbmbmbmb
Why does it boost the power of carriers? Aren't the planes just used in place of the carriers' inherent airstrike power? Been a long time since I tried WiF, don't remember exactly how naval battles worked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
chuft wrote:
Why does it boost the power of carriers? Aren't the planes just used in place of the carriers' inherent airstrike power? Been a long time since I tried WiF, don't remember exactly how naval battles worked.

I was referring to this point below. If you use the carriers (with or without CVPs!) from SIF and don't use the other ships from SIF, you have just roughly doubled the proportion of the world's navies that are carriers.

chuft wrote:
Is it possible to use the carrier planes from SiF and CPiF, and the carriers too, and not use any other ships from SiF?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Subatomic Birdicle
United States
flag msg tools
*chirp*
badge
*squawk*
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah. Thanks for that. I couldn't remember if the ships in vanilla WiF were pairs, or individuals. I looked at the counter sheets and I thought I saw counters for Ranger, Wasp, Enterprise, Hornet, Yorktown, Saratoga, Lexington etc which seemed to indicate they were individual carriers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.