Hide
8 Posts

City of Iron» Forums » Rules

Subject: Junkbot rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Casey Holbrook
msg tools
The Junkbox card give "Free action: Store any one building card from the discard pile." Hammer required.

my question is are you allowed to build that card right away or do you have to wait till the next round to build it. The only information on storing a card is from the action section "Store a Building" it says If you want to save a card to purchase for late,..." however, in that situation of course you would be purchasing it later for if you had the requirements then you would do it then unless you need another land spot for it.

If the Junkbox is allowed to build right after you use the free action to store a card then that would change the game alot, since you can use it once a score card comes up to gain more victory points, but if you have to wait a round to build the stored card then it would not work out for that strategy

Thanks and so far are you playing on any expansions if so any hints as to what you might do..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Holbrook
msg tools
oops sorry i thought this was posting in the Q & A's thread

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nicol
Canada
Fredericton
NB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have always played that you can build it right away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Laukat
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ravid01 wrote:
The Junkbox card give "Free action: Store any one building card from the discard pile." Hammer required.

my question is are you allowed to build that card right away or do you have to wait till the next round to build it. The only information on storing a card is from the action section "Store a Building" it says If you want to save a card to purchase for late,..." however, in that situation of course you would be purchasing it later for if you had the requirements then you would do it then unless you need another land spot for it.

If the Junkbox is allowed to build right after you use the free action to store a card then that would change the game alot, since you can use it once a score card comes up to gain more victory points, but if you have to wait a round to build the stored card then it would not work out for that strategy

Thanks and so far are you playing on any expansions if so any hints as to what you might do..

You can build the building right away with your main action.

I am working on an expansion now, and was planning on asking for help playtesting soon. It adds 2 building cards, steambot tokens, and around 6 new, unique character cards for each race.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Nicol
Canada
Fredericton
NB
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Id totaly be in for playtesting!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Holbrook
msg tools
Same here on the playtesting and thanks for the quick reply

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Quinn
New Zealand
Auckland
none
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ditto for playtesting! Have got this one to the table and everyone was keen to play a lot more

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike the little chemist
Germany
flag msg tools
Would like to help out too, but i don't know whether living across the big pond is a hindrance to that somehow. But the game has hit the table fairly often here already, so I have quite a few people familiar with the game.

(I could also offer to translate the rules of the core game and the expansion to german if there is any need for that).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.