Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Lutz
Canada
Chilliwack
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I bought Belfort almost a year ago, and I have finally cracked it out of its box. Not sure why I haven't opened it sooner, besides the minor dread of having to teach everyone I know a new game. So anyways, I am pulling out all these gorgeous components and I check out the player mats, which are fabulous, and I look at the player colours. Purple, yellow (my colour if there's no black), white, red (my other back up), blue (my back ups back up) and then I notice... There's no green!! My wife will have a fit when she finds out! I never knew games didn't come with the obligatory green player colour!

Just having some fun, al in all I am really excited to try this game out.
Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mancora wrote:
So I bought Belfort almost a year ago, and I have finally cracked it out of its box. Not sure why I haven't opened it sooner, besides the minor dread of having to teach everyone I know a new game. So anyways, I am pulling out all these gorgeous components and I check out the player mats, which are fabulous, and I look at the player colours. Purple, yellow (my colour if there's no black), white, red (my other back up), blue (my back ups back up) and then I notice... There's no green!! My wife will have a fit when she finds out! I never knew games didn't come with the obligatory green player colour!

Just having some fun, al in all I am really excited to try this game out.
Cheers!

I suppose you could paint the white pieces green...

But before you do, be warned! Belfort: The Expansion Expansion has Assistants, some of which come with tokens, and those tokens are green!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
mancora wrote:
My wife will have a fit when she finds out! I never knew games didn't come with the obligatory green player colour!

Tell you your wife she is 100% right . This was the very first thing I noticed when I first picked up the game which you can read about here (do a find on "Complaint").

Although if you scroll down they actually did give me a reason why.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No green is fine...so long as there's a blue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Carroll
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Soli Deo Gloria!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This game got major points from my wife for including both yellow and purple as player colors!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sen-Foong Lim
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LOL Yellow is my player colour and Purple is Jay's, so those were guaranteed to make the final cut!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
senfoonglim wrote:
LOL Yellow is my player colour and Purple is Jay's, so those were guaranteed to make the final cut!

Ah, designer favoritism. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sen-Foong Lim
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey! There's has to be *some* kind of perks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Lutz
Canada
Chilliwack
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll make sure if I'm ever creative enough to make a boardgame I'll make all they player colours a different shade of green... Just to keep my wife playing games with me.

Honestly though the game looks lovely and I can't wait to play our first game this afternoon. There looks like a lot of love put into this game, sadly I missed out on the kickstarter a few months ago. The OCD in me needs every expansion available.

Now I just need to get the expansion guilds and start playing!

Matt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
flag msg tools
       This space              intentionally              left blank.
badge
What do you mean I can't play green?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.