James Eastham
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any BGGers playing around with Perplexcity?

www.perplexcity.com

I submitted it for consideration into the database. However, I can't decide if it's really a game or not.

I'm having a great time with it!

-James

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Goadrich
United States
Conway
Arkansas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just ordered some cards from insound.com, looks like fun, can't wait for them to arrive. I was also thinking about submitting it but never made up my mind if it was a game or not either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Coon
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here. Two packs on the way from Insound. Keep this thread going when you guys get your cards, I'd be interested to hear others opinions on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Eastham
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My local game store is picking it up. You can order from there too if you need cards: www.rainy-day-games.com

I picked up the starter set for $39.99 (4 boosters included) and two boosters at $4.99 each. I'm not sure if you will need access to the CD included in the starter. The CD contains music, but I can only expect that there is some hidden content on the CD. There is a also a leitmark included as well. The starter also comes with a cool little clear binder for holding your cards.

Some of the cards are easy and some are freak'in hard to solve. One annoying thing is that the answers you type have to be EXACT.. to what they want. For example, if the answer is 'grape' and you type 'grapes' you will be wrong. Also, there have been a couple of answers that I don't agree with but got right after trying several diffent times. I won't spoil anything here. This has only happened on one card so far, where I still don't think the 'correct' answer is the most 'correct' answer.

The cards you will be getting are much larger than typical cards. They are approx. twice the size. The quality is outstanding. As you probably know, the cards have a unique code which is revealed using a scrath off area of the card (think lotto ticket). You enter the code online to answer/record progress. Unlike other collectable card 'games', this one has card traceablity. Meaning, you cannot simply give/trade a card you have already entered into the database. Someone else couldn't use the code for example. They would need to have their own unique copy of the card. The collectable aspect of the game will turn folks off straight away no question. I'm not too worried about getting every card, or even solving all the puzzles first for $200,000 (the grand prize). I'm just simply having fun with the puzzles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Eastham
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Submission declined:

We're sorry that we couldn't use the recent game submission that you entered into BGG, and it was removed from the system.
Name: Perplexcity
Reason:Single player puzzle

Sincerely,
BGG Admins

I guess I agree. I'd have to search the geek to see if this is fair.

Wanted to provide an update on the submission.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of the Dead
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RFWarrior wrote:
Submission declined:

We're sorry that we couldn't use the recent game submission that you entered into BGG, and it was removed from the system.

Sincerely,
BGG Admins

Sounds like BS to me...
Do a simple game search with the word "solitaire" and you get ten games. One of which, simply called "Solitaire" is a single player puzzle game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Eastham
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, that's really really funny. There have been several 'solo' geek lists. Isn't a solitaire 'game' really just a solitair 'puzzle'? You're right, this is bull crap. Are we going to lay down and let the man roll us?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Eastham
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I replied to the message with more information. I explained how the 'game' is 'played' against hundreds (thousands) of players. I also pointed out the fact that there are several solo 'games' on the geek.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Franzosa
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I picked up complete sets of the common phase 1-3 color cards on eBay for not to much money...my boys ages 7 & 10 have been doing the puzzles with me as a good rainy day activity....some are very easy, some are very hard...all in all I think it is a very cool game environment and certainly should qualify here...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Diercouff
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Nazhuret wrote:
RFWarrior wrote:
Submission declined:

Sincerely,
BGG Admins

Sounds like BS to me...
Do a simple game search with the word "solitaire" and you get ten games. One of which, simply called "Solitaire" is a single player puzzle game.

BGG is looking like a dumbass here. Why overlook an internationally recognized puzzler like Perplex City? It makes absolutely no sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.