Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ronald peschiani
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi folks,
game shops in Chicago ( Whole Illinois), Iowa, Indianapolis( Whole Indiana).
A friend of mine will be there in Holiday and search for interesting game shops in which find new or used games( if possible).
Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colonel Williamson

Princeton
Illinois
msg tools
badge
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. Aristotle
mbmbmbmbmb
Not in Illinois but southern WI, Noble Knight games!!!Janesville Wisconsin!!!Just off of 90...Worth the drive!!!

Mcool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For Chicago, I've hit Games Plus and Cat & Mouse games. Both and Chicagoland Games/Dice Dojo were all the top recommended in this thread:

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/489314/chicago-game-stores

I've also been to a game store in the Woodfield Mall which had a decent collection.

Where in IA are you looking for? In Cedar Rapids, there's Tempest Games in the SW side and Battlezone Games in the NE side. In Iowa City, there's Critical Hits Games near the downtown and Hobby Store in the Sycamore Mall. Of these four, the Hobby Store will sometimes have really cheap deals on games and BZG will sometimes be slightly cheaper than MSRP. The owner of Tempest is really outgoing and helpful.

In Des Moines, they have Games and More in the Valley West Mall and Mayhem Collectibles down the street to the east from the mall. Both have decent collections of games, probably best in the state. Mayhem Collectibles is also in Ames as well across from Iowa State University.

Dubuque has Comic World, which I think is in the northern Dubuque area. They've moved around a bit and are smaller, but the only thing Dubuque has.

I'm not as familiar with Waterloo or Quad City areas if those are the parts of IA that your friend will visit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hovan
United States
Elkhart
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

South Bend, Indiana has The Griffon. It is a game and book store. I have shopped their for years and love it. They carry a wide variety.

http://griffon-bookstore.com/

It is in downtown South Bend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Wilkinson
United States
New Castle
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
When asking "What would Jesus do?", remember that flipping over tables and using a whip are within the realm of possibilities.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, Ronald.

Let me cover this for you and your friend.

FLGS of the USA - A List of Game Store Advice on BGG II

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.