mbmbmbmbmb
Faction: Shapers
Name: Jörmungandr
Cost: 10¢
Type: Program
MU: 3
Subtype: Icebreaker - Fracter
Text: 0¢: Break barrier subroutine.
5¢: +∞ strength. Use this ability only once per encounter.
Strength: 0
Influence: ■■■■

Faction: Anarchs
Name: Bellerophon
Cost:
MU: 1
Subtype: Icebreaker - Killer
Text: 1¢: Breake sentry subroutine.
2¢: +4 strength. Use this ability only once per encounter.
Influence: ■■

Faction: Criminals
Name: Ariadne's String
Cost:
MU: 2
Subtype: Icebreaker - Decoder
Text: 2¢: Break any number of code gate subroutines.
4¢: +7 strength. Use this ability only once per encounter.
Influence: ■■■

Bonus- A fixed Anarch fracter that isn't horrendously expensive in MU, credits and influence:

Name: Epirus
Cost:
Text: 0¢: Break barrier subroutine if it's the first time you used this ability during this encounter. Otherwise, it costs an extra 1¢ for each time you used it.
Strength: 3
Influence:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt F
msg tools
Buffering
badge
mbmb
Jörmungandr would be really cool concept, he's a hard counter to big barriers but his MU would wreck your deck (not to mention be awful for normal barriers but you don't have the MU for 2 fracters). If he were AI that would prevent dinosaurus, that would probably be a needed change.

Or maybe something like a useful Monolith... 18 creds but only 2MU and 4 creds for the buff. Less awful in general but he would still realistically take 5+ barriers to justify /shrug

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dude, Dinosaurus won't break this, even if it will reduce its MU to 0 and add 2 strength. You have to remember Dino costs 5¢, Jörmungandr costs 10¢ and each buff is 5¢. It's really expensive overall so its hardly overpowered. Oh, and if you don't have Dino... good luck finding the MU for this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris W
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kroen wrote:

Cost:
Text: X¢: Break all barrier subroutines. X is equal to the number of subroutines on the encountered ice.
Influence:

So, the difference with the usual 1: Break barrier subroutine is that with this one, if you don't have the money to break all subs, you can't break any of them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mychal
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Polynomial79 wrote:
kroen wrote:

Cost:
Text: X¢: Break all barrier subroutines. X is equal to the number of subroutines on the encountered ice.
Influence:

So, the difference with the usual 1: Break barrier subroutine is that with this one, if you don't have the money to break all subs, you can't break any of them?

Correct. Also, you couldn't voluntarily leave some subs unbroken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rana Puer
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
these are actually kinda cool. A nice extension of standard breaker design space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
KC
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
Skylar114 wrote:
Polynomial79 wrote:
kroen wrote:

Cost:
Influence:

Correct. Also, you couldn't voluntarily leave some subs unbroken.

Which isn't typically a problem with Barriers; the only Barrier I can think of with more than 2 subs is Heimdall. It's a neat ability I'd rather see on a Killer or Decoder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mychal
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agent Archer wrote:
Which isn't typically a problem with Barriers; the only Barrier I can think of with more than 2 subs is Heimdall. It's a neat ability I'd rather see on a Killer or Decoder.

With both Heimdall and Eli, you lose the choice of breaking partially in clicks, partially with a breaker (not that you'd often do that).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Redston
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I realized Epirus was actually pretty weak compared to Mimic which costs $3 and I really wanted this new icebreaker to cost $4 (because Yog costs $5) so I changed the ability. Now, if you want to break 1 sub, it's for free. 2 subs=1¢, 3 subs=3¢, 4 subs=5¢, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Berton
Canada
flag msg tools
For Jormungandr, I think you meant it to say "Use this ability only once per run." Why would I want to get infinite strength more than once in an encounter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.