Captain Frisk
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
MIND|GAMES
mbmbmbmbmb
Shooter McGavin wrote:
Forget about needing Datasuckers. You don't even need more than one Atman in play. Set Atman to about 3 (nice middle number). Use Wyrm to manipulate ice power up or down.
Break everything with Atman on the cheap. Easily put together with Self modifying Codes and Test Runs. Usually out in the first few turns. Insane.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Wyrm only drops the strength of ice, it can't increase it. The +1 refers to increasing the strength of wyrm - so it can interact with the ice to drop its strength.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Quick
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
No bubble bursted here. Glad I misread it. Was thinking it was unstoppable combo. Still very powerful though. Just play an extra Atman or 2 as needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But it's a cool idea for a future card to let you (the runner) increase the strength of ice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Tebben
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
Wyrm + Atman(3) costs to break:

Ichi - 8
Bastion - 5
Data Raven - 5
Chum - 5
Eli - 6
Enigma - 7
Ice Wall - 3
Shadow - 6

Pretty insane, all right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Frank
United States
Brooklyn
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Captain_Frisk wrote:
Shooter McGavin wrote:
Forget about needing Datasuckers. You don't even need more than one Atman in play. Set Atman to about 3 (nice middle number). Use Wyrm to manipulate ice power up or down.
Break everything with Atman on the cheap. Easily put together with Self modifying Codes and Test Runs. Usually out in the first few turns. Insane.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Wyrm only drops the strength of ice, it can't increase it. The +1 refers to increasing the strength of wyrm - so it can interact with the ice to drop its strength.

That's the other half of it. Wyrm needs to match the ice's strength before it can interact to lower the ice's strength.

It would be a lot more expensive, facing Archer, to have to raise your Wyrm from strength 1 up to 6 and then drop Archer to 3 so that Atman can break it, than it would to have three Datasucker counters.

EDIT: Damn ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Quick
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Ok let's all be snide about our comments. I was partially mistaken. Castrate me for it. So run 2 Atmans at varying strengths then. No wonder why I don't post on here. Jeez. Just trying to talk about a game and people have to be cocky.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Frank
United States
Brooklyn
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see any snideness (and if you saw any in my comment it wasn't intentional). We were simply discussing the feasibility of your idea.

Atman is a card a lot of people are trying to figure out. I'm not sure what the best way is to make it feasible myself, but I'm interested in the discussion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Frisk
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
MIND|GAMES
mbmbmbmbmb
scifantasy wrote:
I'm not sure what the best way is to make it feasible myself, but I'm interested in the discussion.

As am I. It feels nice as a a way for Shaper to have an in faction femme - but its more expensive than it looks, and it doesn't solve the "on encounter" problem (data raven / tollbooth) nearly as well. Double Atman (0/3) / Double Sucker looks like a tempting rig, but you could have installed a full "classic rig" of Ninja / Corroder / Blade for similar cost, but can't be purged.

(4 cards, 12 credits, 4 clicks) vs. (3 cards, 11 credits, 3 clicks)

IMHO it's a nice auxiliary breaker that has its uses throughout the entire game (early game pressure that's slightly cheaper than crypsis, late game efficiency), but I'm not yet convinced of the Atman only strategy as something that's viable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Edwards
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see Atmans only as being viable. Putting a 3 strength and a 4 strength Atman out will cover 17 of the 48 different ice you can encounter. Putting out a 1 strenght Atman will cover 9 more but I'm not sure it's worth putting a 1 str Atman out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
strength 3 atman, strength 4 atman, wyrm with 3 personal touches. Break archer for $8, tollbooth for $6 including the on-encounter... not terrible. An awful lot of setup (better replicate those personal touches).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
badge
Coding Architect | Husband and father | Boardgame addict | Loves Clutch as well as Tricky
mbmbmbmbmb
Why is the initial question/comment deleted?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Grapevine
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
d0gb0t wrote:

OP took people's comments as snide criticism and deleted post, I guess. Even though no one was being rude, just pointing it the card doesn't work the way he had interpreted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Taloncarde wrote:
d0gb0t wrote:

OP took people's comments as snide criticism and deleted post, I guess. Even though no one was being rude, just pointing it the card doesn't work the way he had interpreted.

Seems to be a new trend to do this... stumbled about several of such threads the last days... shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.