4 Posts

Duel of Ages II» Forums » Sessions

Subject: My Amusing First Play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lauralee Hurst
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yesterday I played my first training mission of Duel of the Ages and really, really enjoyed it. I was the white team, my dad was the black team. The beginning of the game with a little rough because Jack Hammer comes up to William Wallace and with a nasty blow stabs him with rapier. So, because of that, all of my team members went after Jack Hammer and decided that we were going to ambush him. Sadly every time we didn't get anywhere.
I decided to do more adventures. I came across some good stuff. Example a horse, good sneakers, and other melee weapons. This helped.
After all three of my surviving team members joined up on the same Hex, we decided we were going to go after my dad. We killed Ardyn Glen and he was left with Spartacus, Sgt. Gritt and Jack Hammer.
My dad went out to do more adventures and to get more weapons. One of his adventures was a cheerleading squad and surprisingly Sgt. Gritt passed. We got a laugh out of that.
Finally we were all after the same adventure. I got there first and it was a stealth adventure of seven. Nobody on the board had that much stealth. My dad got to that hex and decided to attack me which was the wrong decision. He injured and then finally killed Suva of Orian, the honorable alien. Suva of Orian was weak but the rest of my team members were strong and we killed Sgt. Gritt and Jack Hammer.
Now it was up to Spartacus to save my dad's team. We injured Spartacus and then finally killed him, the white team survived!

During the whole game I had gotten really lucky because all of my challenge cards, even if I had no advantage, still gave me hits. My dad, not so much. Most the time it wasn't a hit for him! I also got all the movement common items, the first aid kits and healing mechanisms, and good weapons.
This game is definitly on my Top 10!
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Davis
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice report Lauralee. This game just gets better and richer as you move through the various missions, adding layer upon layer of things to do. Much adventure awaits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve McIlhatton
New Zealand
Palmerston North
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is making me think it may be time to try my original Duel of Ages with my kids... I think they will get a laugh out of some of the situations that arise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lauralee Hurst
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Innocent Bystander wrote:
This is making me think it may be time to try my original Duel of Ages with my kids... I think they will get a laugh out of some of the situations that arise

Me, too. They will love it like me!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.