flag msg tools
admin
designer
May you find the Perfect Shoe! xxx
badge
Mostly offline, but trying.
mbmbmbmbmb
http://thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/homecoming/

Lynch time: 2pm BGG time (this is 7am Australia, 8pm UK, 9pm Europe). There will be no lynches on (BGG) weekends.
** This is probably the most friendly lynch time for you all, but it does mean that I will be offline for most of the 7 hours before lynch. Fortunately my lovely friend Acekim has offered to be a backup mod and he will look after you all while I get my beauty sleep.

---

Ten years ago, Bowfield was a thriving village in a verdant valley. But then, the rains came. The valley was flooeded, and the few survivors escaped with little more than the clothes on their backs, scattering to the surrounding countryside and villages.

Now, the floodwaters have receded, leaving a wash of mud, the remains of the village's huts - and the skeletons of those who stayed.

Whoever - or WHATever - you may be, it would be wrong to leave the bones of your family, friends and neighbours to bleach in the sun.

The former inhabitants of Bowfield have travelled through the muddy wastes from the homes they made ten years ago to lay their dead to rest.

---

Game Info
Wolves may send PMs to each other at any time. There will be no other PMing (except to the moderator). Please copy the moderator on all PMs (between wolves)
There will be no role reveal on death or on lynch, except to the priests.
Village wins if all wolves are killed
Wolves win if they reach parity with the village (subject to the hunter rules, below)
Votes must be posted and bolded in the game thread. Edited vote posts will not be counted, even if your edit was typographical.
You may not delete posts. You may edit posts for clarity but please don't overuse the edit function.
Seer and sorceror will be given a random, negative night 0 view. That is, the Seer will not view a wolf and the sorceror will not view a seer or hunter.
Therefore, the game will begin at the start of day 1.}b

Roles (thanks Javal for suggesting the roleset)
Evil roles:
...2 wolves
...1 wolfcub*
...1 sorceror (sees seer AND hunter)

Good roles:
...1 seer (sees wolves only)
...2 priests (sees roles of all dead) I added an extra priest to the base rules
...2 hunters (village wins if 1-1 hunter-wolf or 2-2 hunter-wolf at the end)
...6 villagers

*Wolfcub:
Cannot PM wolves and does not know their IDs
When a wolf dies, the wolfcub becomes a full wolf and is now able to PM the remaining wolf
Wolves know the ID of the cub.
Seer will NOT see the cub as a wolf.

Priest:
Roles are revealed to the priests on death and on lynch. I will not be posting the role reveals to the main thread. It is up to the priest(s) whether, what and when they reveal. (also how, where and why)

Order of night actions:
1. Wolfcub promoted (immediately on lynch - but please wait to be notified)
2. Seer and sorceror views
3. Wolf kills

Ties will be broken based on longest held last vote. (With acknowledgements to whoever I stole that idea from - can't remember but I know I played a game where it happened)

That is, if the votes are
Person A - Person B (1), Person C (4)
Person B - Person A (2), Person D (3)

Person B would be lynched because the LAST vote on them (Person D's vote) was placed earlier than the LAST vote on Person A (by Person C). If there are conditionals, I will track back to the less-than-last vote if need be to resolve.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Australia
Parkville
Vic
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: WW: Homecoming. Game On: Long Day 1
The returning pilgrims:
1. Belash eaten night 6
2. Runningquick - new player lynched day 1
3. ithicks - new player lynched day 2
4. zeromus - new player eaten night 5
5. buffalospynovel - new player - lynched day 6
6. Farren - new player
7. Freyja - new player
8. Karlsen - new player
9. Javal - lynched day 5
10. anonymouse512 - lynched day 4
11. Beowulf - eaten night 3
12. Xandryyte - eaten night 4
13. MunchWolf - eaten night 1
14. RoyalFlush - eaten night 2
15. tqboz - new player - lynched day 3

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Australia
Parkville
Vic
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: WW: Homecoming. Game On: Long D1
After spending the past two days slogging through the mud, you have arrived at the remains of Bowfield. Ten years underwater have left little of the village that you once knew, although you can still see the gritty surfaces of the logs that formed your homes, preserved by the cold water of the lake and protected from rot and insects all these years. One or two huts are even still standing, and the remains of tiny fish still litter the ground. Tiny insects nibble the muddy weeds that cover the ground, flying up in clouds as you approach but then settling back to their feast.

The old stone church is still there – roofless, now, and weathered – but intact, for the most part. The doors stand slightly ajar – probably just as well, or the church would still be filled with water. A couple of wooden benches survive, upended and tossed – and a skeletal hand lies in the middle of the floor, forefinger upturned as though it beckons to you.

You won’t stay in Bowfield – you have a new home now – but you have gathered to bury the dead (the rest of your friend from the church seems scattered across the old churchyard) and clear the remains of the village – for it is well known that strange and frightening creatures lurk in the mountains, and an abandoned village might lure who-knows-what evils down to the valley.

It was late when you arrived, and you had little time to do anything but pitch your tents, lay your groundsheets, and settle to sleep before the darkness set in.

Daybreak brings a horrifying discovery. The mauled (but, somehow, still beautiful!) body of Melissa, humblest of all your group, has been pinned to the doors of the church, upside down. Deep scratches and bite marks cover her body, and her arms have nearly been severed from the force of the attack.

Something has eaten Melissa. Will it eat you next?

Day 1 has begun. You may now post freely. First lynch will be Thursday at 2pm.

The Seer and Sorceror have received random N0 visions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian P Lewis
United Kingdom
Torquay
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings fellow villagers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
An open-eyed man falling into the well
United States
Roswell
Georgia
flag msg tools
"I don’t believe in magic that works whether or not you believe in it!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I am here, and not evil.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Valvard
msg tools
Spread the conFUDsion wherever you can...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm here and awake.
Looks like we need to collar these bad dogs, and send them down below. Who's with me?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Roswell
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some advice for the specials:

When you should reveal....

All special roles:

-when about to be lynched
-counter-claim false information (false Seer or Priest reveal)

Seer:

-if you See a wolf

Priest:

-if a wolf is lynched, 1 Priest should reveal (will help on vote record analysis)

Note to the Priest and Hunters: there are more than 1 of you, so if someone reveals don't necessarily counter-claim them. (The Priest would be pretty hard to fake for a long time if a real one is still alive, but the Hunter is difficult to verify.)

Also Priests, don't necessarily reveal that a Hunter was killed (call them a villager instead). We want the wolves to think there are Hunters out there. (And if you really want to be tricky, near the end say a Hunter is dead when they aren't. (: )

I think these are some good basic principles, but of course violate them if you see the need.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy da Mom
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Javal wrote:
I'm here and awake.
Looks like we need to collar these bad dogs, and send them down below. Who's with me?

As a villager, I stand with you. We must hunt down and kill the beasts who murdered our kind and beautiful friend Melissa.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danielle Anner
United States
Orchard Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
“A sense of humor...is superior to any religion so far devised.” ― Tom Robbins
mbmbmbmbmb
Javal wrote:
I'm here and awake.

Good morning everyone. I'm here as well. I am not evil and I would like to avenge the very beautiful, yet humble Melissa.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Roswell
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is first lynch today at 2PM BGG?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OMG ... Xandryyte AND Anonymous both in this game???? who to lynch ... who to lynch ... mmmmmm

I'll go with vote Anonymous ...

-Munch "I'm not evil btw" Wolf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian P Lewis
United Kingdom
Torquay
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure mouse, Earlier the post by mellisa read first lynch at thursday 2pm but that line of text has gone now.

Not sure if lynch tonite is good as only five "villagers" have checked in.

But then time diff means they will all start to appear soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Roswell
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MunchWolf wrote:
OMG ... Xandryyte AND Anonymous both in this game???? who to lynch ... who to lynch ... mmmmmm

There is nobody called "Anonymous" in this game.

I'd call you on the meta vote, but it's still early. Besides, I never really did anything to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello .. you were EVIL in Narnia ... and tried to go after me ... course .. I was evil too, until I got converted to good ...

And you were good in LoTR5 ... but acted evil ... which ended up looking badly for me for lynching you .. since I was good ...

Plus .. I've been giving xand a hard enough time in other games lately .. got balance things somehow ..

-Munch "Although .. I did make her unlynchable in my game .. so maybe things are already balanced ... course ... she wasn't in the game ... hmmm .. think this scale is broken" Wolf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Roswell
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MunchWolf wrote:
Hello .. you were EVIL in Narnia ... and tried to go after me ... course .. I was evil too, until I got converted to good ...

Yeah, but I lost that game badly. I think that is sufficient revenge.

Quote:
And you were good in LoTR5 ... but acted evil ... which ended up looking badly for me for lynching you .. since I was good ...

That was your fault for thinking I was acting evil.

Quote:
-Munch " .. think this scale is broken" Wolf

Perhaps the scale isn't what's broken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
I went out there in search of experience, to taste and to touch and to feel as much, as a man can before he repents...
mbmbmbmbmb
Good afternoon. It was with great sadness that we decided to return to our once prosperous home and now with the death of the "still beautiful" melissa, this trip feels like a waste.

I hope we can band together to rid ourselves of the terrible creatures that have mauled and killed the "still beautiful" melissa!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terri K
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
Good golly people... my username has a lower case x!!
badge
Females play board games too!!! ;)
mbmbmbmbmb
MunchWolf wrote:

I am not evil either... Please don't meta me in this game....

[xand laughs uncontrolably because she really wants to vote on a certain someone]
laugh laugh laugh

oh screw it...

vote Belash

I have plenty of time to switch my vote... just remember that kiss

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good morning.... sorry to have slept in, but all this mud is just depressing. Anyone up to help me rebuild the town? First we need a place to lynch the evildoers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas French
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
DAMN!!! i thought things went so well last night over tea... i invited her to stay for a "cup of coffie" but she wouldnt have it, said she needed her beauty sleep... see what ya get....break a guys heart... get eatten by a wolf... its like the same thing

running "edited cause i am a moron and the joke isnt funny if its too much effort to read with all the spelling mistakes" quick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
Always believe
badge
I went out there in search of experience, to taste and to touch and to feel as much, as a man can before he repents...
mbmbmbmbmb
runningquick wrote:
DAMN!!! i thought things went so well last night over tea... i invited her to stay for a "cup of coffie" but she wouldnt have it, said she needed her beauty sleep... see what ya get....break a guys heart... get eatten by a wolf... its like the same thing

running "edited cause i am a moron and the joke isnt funny if its too much effort to read with all the spelling mistakes" quick

Sounds like motive...

vote runningquick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Farren Bronaugh
United States
Auburn
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember, ithicks -- we're not here to rebuild this wasteland, we're here to bury our fallen. Still, you're right about one thing. If we have enough lumber that hasn't rotted through from the rains and flooding, we should at least construct a gallows so that we can rid ourselves of the evil that has pervaded our group. The thought of foul, unnatural creatures desecrating our loved ones' bodies fills me with chills and disgust.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hinkes
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems we are unwelcome back in our old home. How are we going to find out who did this though?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Belash wrote:
runningquick wrote:

Sounds like motive...

vote runningquick

a motive?? sounds like a confession ...

unvote anonymousblahblahblah
vote runningquick

-Munch "bandwagon" Wolf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danielle Anner
United States
Orchard Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
[I too have been waiting for a certain someone to show up so I could place my vote there]

vote farren

Runningquick is ruining my moment though.

runningquick wrote:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danielle Anner
United States
Orchard Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Still waiting to see if lynch is today or tomorrow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [20] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.