Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony Martins
United States
Eugene
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like Ascension and enjoy the iOS game frequently. I've never bought the physical game; and don't see much need to considering I get my fill on the iPad. Also, I get a little cross-eyed when I consider, between all the boxes and promos, what to buy.

This is perfect! I'd like to have a physical edition of Ascension, and this is a nice, affordable, pared down version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Chamberlain
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely agree and the same for me.

Yay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danilo Festa
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Same here...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I do own some of the physical versions, and this still seems perfect to me. Does anyone know if there are plans to release additional packs? I'm too cheap to buy the big-box expansions and as cool as they are I certainly don't need yet another set of acrylic gems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Martins
United States
Eugene
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rococo_Zephyr wrote:
I do own some of the physical versions, and this still seems perfect to me. Does anyone know if there are plans to release additional packs? I'm too cheap to buy the big-box expansions and as cool as they are I certainly don't need yet another set of acrylic gems.

No plans yet. They might expand on the simple model. I guess we'll see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ackerman
United States
Fairless Hills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
The War Against Giygas!
badge
You cannot grasp the true form of Giygas' attack!
mbmbmbmbmb
I play the crap out of ascension on the iOS, I own all the physical boxes as well and play the crap out of them, too, and I still bought and love this apprentice edition! It's got a great collection of cards from all the sets and updates the art from Chronicles of the Godslayer. The art is fantastic! I can easily recommend this to anyone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Evenhope wrote:
I play the crap out of ascension on the iOS, I own all the physical boxes as well and play the crap out of them, too, and I still bought and love this apprentice edition! It's got a great collection of cards from all the sets and updates the art from Chronicles of the Godslayer. The art is fantastic! I can easily recommend this to anyone.

Did you mix this edition with your other sets? I'm wondering if there are any issues if I get this and just shuffle it in with my existing sets. I know there would be some duplicates, but I don't know if that's a problem or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Martins
United States
Eugene
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rococo_Zephyr wrote:
Evenhope wrote:

Did you mix this edition with your other sets? I'm wondering if there are any issues if I get this and just shuffle it in with my existing sets. I know there would be some duplicates, but I don't know if that's a problem or not.

There would be a problem for me: the graphic design layout is different! laugh

That's just me, though. It's the same reason I didn't mix the first Thunderstone and Thunderstone Advance.

Besides that, I believe they are good to mix for those who are less fussy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I am of the less fussy type, so that sounds fine to me as long as the duplicates don't break the game balance. Thanks for confirming!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Martins
United States
Eugene
OR
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rococo_Zephyr wrote:
I am of the less fussy type, so that sounds fine to me as long as the duplicates don't break the game balance. Thanks for confirming!

Generally, adding more selected "basic" cards to a mix only helps to stabilize the game a bit.

I think lots of the promos really wack-out the game balance myself. But then, I'm not a huge hater of random things... sometimes it's fun to have the uber-cards in there for the lucky.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ackerman
United States
Fairless Hills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
The War Against Giygas!
badge
You cannot grasp the true form of Giygas' attack!
mbmbmbmbmb
Rococo_Zephyr wrote:
Evenhope wrote:

I haven't mixed them in yet, but you should be able to. There's just a slight difference with the graphic design on the front of the cards. I can't confirm anything with the card stock, but everything looked and felt fine. I'll check it out tonight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.