1 Posts

Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Note This rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lauralee Hurst
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The very first time I played this game, we thought it was super easy. I was the Americans and my opponent was the Russians. What we didn't notice is that when you build buildings it has to be on a certain terrian. We failed to address that rule and ended up building grainaries on mountains.
When I first noticed our mistake I was leaning over to build a grainary (on the incorrect terrain) and saw where it said "Mountains Only" for a building. At this point in the game my opponent was winning.
I told my opponent and we decided to clean up this game and start a new one. That is why it seemed so easy at first. Then we reset the game board and this is the game we played...

I played this game the other day and thought it was great. I was the Arabs and my oppenent the Germans. Well, I'll go ahead and tell you I lost because I went for tech when my "colony" was good at culture.
We first started out pretty even and were doing good. My oppenent decided to go for military and I didn't notice until he destroyed my city (not capital). Then I was frantic to get military. I ended up drawing all these low numbered military cards which wasn't good for me.
I had no barracks. My oppenent had three (one in each city). That gave him an advantage of +6.
I should have taken advantage of my power but didn't which made me lose.
My opponent finally took down my unwalled capital and therefore won the game. After the game my opponent told me to always use your power as an advantage and from now on, I will!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.