Scott Nicholson
Canada
Brantford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I created a 30ish minute video explaination and review of Indonesia where I talk through the whole ruleset. It'll give you a good idea if you want to buy the game and will let you see some of the issues with the board discussed here.

You can watch this video review at
http://www.boardgameswithscott.com/?p=17

Scott Nicholson
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I watched this last night and enjoyed it. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Fritz
United States
Rochester
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scott,
This episode always times out on me (d/l through iTunes). I can't seem to get it. Do you have a slow server? Or do you have a spike in demand?

thanks for the quality shows (the ones I got so far..)!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Marchlewitz
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty thorough review, Scott!
You didn't mention anything about the language of the game explicitly. It looked English but it is an import...are there multi versions of it that we need to be aware of if we plan to buy it...or is it only done in English? How are the rules? Colourful with tonnes of examples? Or crappy?

Thanks
Peter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Crangle
United States
Albany
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"By the end of the game, the board is going to be COVERED with ships and chits..."

I had to go back and listen to that again to make sure you said "ships" and "chits"!

I'm sure it was intentional. Very nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Nevis
Netherlands
Amsterdam
N-H
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is only one version and it comes with a rulebook that is English on one side and German on the other. There is hardly any language on the board and bits, but what's there, apart from the geographic locations, is in English (R&D track).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nicholson
Canada
Brantford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kfritz wrote:
Scott,
This episode always times out on me (d/l through iTunes). I can't seem to get it. Do you have a slow server? Or do you have a spike in demand?

thanks for the quality shows (the ones I got so far..)!

I'm not sure - you might have better luck going right to the Internet Archive and getting it from there... (right-click and save from the menu on the left.)

http://www.archive.org/details/bgws_010

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nicholson
Canada
Brantford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Palpatine wrote:
Pretty thorough review, Scott!
You didn't mention anything about the language of the game explicitly. It looked English but it is an import...are there multi versions of it that we need to be aware of if we plan to buy it...or is it only done in English? How are the rules? Colourful with tonnes of examples? Or crappy?

Thanks
Peter

There's only one version with an English translation in the rulebook. Like most of Splotter's games, the rules are sparse and with few examples. They tell you how to play and that's about that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Speare
United States
Bedford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
tee hee, that tickles!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
This is very nice Scott, thanks! I have Indonesia and have read the rules, but have not played...and listening to someone else explain the rules is helping a lot, as I'll have to do the same when I finally do bring the game out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scott,

I just wanted to say Thanks for making the great video! I'm a definite visual learner and this helps tremendously when I am thinking about new games that I have never seen in person.

What's your opinion about Indonesia vs. the other two games (R&Bs, Antiquity) from the company. Have you played them before? Any thoughts on "if you could only get one, and why..."?

Thanks and keep up the great work!

Ghost
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jbrier
United States
Aventura
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the video! This pushed me over the fence into the "buy" decision.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.