Subject: OCTGN and real world etiquette question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Rooster
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
Being new to the game an OCTGN I have noticed than when a game is started and both opponents get to the deck loading phase, maybe Im wrong but it seems like experienced players could wait to see what deck and identity their opponent loaded before choosing one of their own they know would best defeat their opponent.

How does this work in both OCTGN and real life games? Load and reveal at the same time?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Villareal
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
on octgn I just load mine and dont hit setup until they have loaded theirs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In OCTGN, it is considered polite to wait until both players have loaded decks before starting the game. One cannot see one's opponent's ID until the game has been started, so there is no unfair advantage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
The_Rooster13 wrote:
How does this work in both OCTGN and real life games? Load and reveal at the same time?

In real life games it's my expectation that each side has chosen their deck at the same time. On a side note, in tournament play it's illegal to watch matches, even if it's innocent and you're not scouting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Nordeng
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OddCrow19 wrote:
on octgn I just load mine and dont hit setup until they have loaded theirs

Yup... agreed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Bazynski
Poland
Warsaw
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
locusshifter wrote:
The_Rooster13 wrote:

In real life games it's my expectation that each side has chosen their deck at the same time. On a side note, in tournament play it's illegal to watch matches, even if it's innocent and you're not scouting.

Is there an official rule that states this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.