Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce Saburn
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Found this. that Not sure if it predates Havoc.

http://www.pagat.com/invented/100yearswar.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom "Snicker Daddy" Pancoast
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I sent an e-mail to SunRiver. The date on that page does not pre-date Havok, and "Alan Smithee" is an anonymous name used by directors when they don't want to take credit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hector Irizarry
United States
Unspecified
Alabama
flag msg tools
Consider this a way to play a light version of Havoc with regular playing cards. A good way to introduce someone to the big game with less suits. Of course I won't hesitate to buy the real thing, and I will try this one using the Havoc cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KC Humphrey
United States
Gresham
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
Thanks for noticing this on the Pagat website - I had stumbled over it a few days before as well and wrote to the Pagat folks. They will be updating the entry soon, including a writer's credit and a link to our Sunriver Games website where Havoc can be found.

The game posted on Pagat is drawn directly from our game, even keeping the Hundred Years War theme and attaching the Shakepears quote and the Dogs of War mechanic to it.

Alan Smithee, whoever that may be, did a creditable job adapting the game for play with a regular card deck. I do wish he or she had checked with me before submitting it, as a courtesy I guess. I might have suggested a couple different tacks, but overall this is very playable.

And if it gets more folks to try the original Havoc, great.

KC Humphrey
Sunriver Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Ginn
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chesrcat wrote:
Alan Smithee, whoever that may be, did a creditable job adapting the game for play with a regular card deck.

Hmmm...Alan Smithee is a pseudonym that was used in Hollywood whenever a director did not want his name associated with a film.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Smithee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich S.
United States
North Hollywood
California
flag msg tools
badge
Well, this is just silly.
mbmbmbmbmb
chesrcat wrote:
And if it gets more folks to try the original Havoc, great.

Good news: It worked on me!

chesrcat wrote:
I might have suggested a couple different tacks, but overall this is very playable.

Well, out of curiosity, what would some of those have been? You know, while I'm waiting for my produced copy to arrive...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A L D A R O N
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
A L D A R O N
badge
----[---->+<]>++.+++++++++++.--------.---.>-[--->+<]>---.---.-.
mb
This game is now in the database: 100 Years War

This thread continues here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/162213

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.