Subject: inaccurate FAQ file rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Rawson
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
I found an inaccurate FAQ uploaded on the Railroad Tycoon listing. Is there a way to remove the file or alert the moderator? I could not post a comment. The file in question is http://boardgamegeek.com/fileinfo.php?fileid=15644, and the author has incorrectly interpreted the goods cube delivery action (goods must be delivered within a single action, not within a multi-action turn as written in the FAQ).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Reed
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
The author has incorrectly interpreted the goods cube delivery action (goods must be delivered within a single action, not within a multi-action turn as written in the FAQ).

Reread the FAQ. It may not be worded as clearly as possible, but it is mostly accurate. He has confused rounds and turns in one paragraph, though it is not in the crucial one (and, to be honest, I don't think I have played a game of this yet where round and turn haven't been used interchangeably by at least half of the players). In particular, the FAQ reads:

Quote:
The train level determines the number of links you can travel in one round. You must deliver the goods in one round (as opposed to a full turn which consists of 3 rounds).

That is accurate. Where a chance for confusion arises is in the next paragraph, which reads:

Quote:
So if you have a level 3 train, you can travel three links in one turn, not counting the departure city (that is, from city A to city B to city C to end at city D).

He should have used the word round rather than turn, but the first paragraph is very clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Rawson
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
Thanks -- my bad. I thought he implied you could move a cube more than 8 links, but now I see he said 'spaces'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.