Android: Netrunner» Forums » General

Subject: NEXT Design rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cherith Cutestorrie
United States
Around
flag msg tools
Basking in the smell of a CCG unbox as my Creation & Control came today...looking at NEXT Design I had a question.

It reads: "before taking your first turn, you may install up to 3 pieces of ice with no more than a single piece of ice per server. Draw until you have 5 cards in HQ."

REALLY.

So the ice NEXT puts out by virtue of your game NOT HAVING STARTED YET is free?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Yang
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mb
It's installed but not rezzed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Free to install, yes. You still have to pay to rez it. Since each ice would be the first ice in a server, you wouldn't pay install costs in the first place.

So this agenda really saves you 3 clicks (which is meaningful, but not ridiculous, imo).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cherith Cutestorrie
United States
Around
flag msg tools
I always...Every Single Time...get Corp install/rez cost timing mixed up. Ok...yeah...not as wholly unbelievable now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Lasky
msg tools
mb
manydills wrote:
Free to install, yes. You still have to pay to rez it. Since each ice would be the first ice in a server, you wouldn't pay install costs in the first place.

So this agenda really saves you 3 clicks (which is meaningful, but not ridiculous, imo).

Actually it's as much as 6 clicks saved, as you draw up to five after installing the ice. It is an interesting ID; almost like Andromeda on the Runner's side. I've put together a deck that uses it. It seems a little slow, but it's rather hard for the runner to get through!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zalrus9 wrote:
manydills wrote:

Actually it's as much as 6 clicks saved, as you draw up to five after installing the ice. It is an interesting ID; almost like Andromeda on the Runner's side. I've put together a deck that uses it. It seems a little slow, but it's rather hard for the runner to get through!

Good point!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian Tyree
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was under the assumption that you have to pay install costs. Like, if you install one ice over the other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Grapevine
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Except Next Design says one ice per server, so there can be no install costs with the pre-turn installs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn E
Netherlands
Zwolle
Overijssel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zalrus9 wrote:
manydills wrote:

Don't overestimate though, I see your point, but this Identity has a lot too prove.

Disadvantages:
- you only have 12 influence
- you need more ICE to get this working. I believe someone calculated that 25 ICE is an optimum to draw sufficient ICE
- you have no control over which ICE. Getting your late game ICE like e.g. Archer or Janus in your draw sucks

It's not bad, but certainly not like Andro.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Barrett
United States
Schaumburg
IL
flag msg tools
mbmb
Every ICE from 19-24 adds about 4% to the chances of getting a 3 ice grip in your opening hand or after mulligan. The 25th piece of ICE is when the curve starts falling off and only adds ~3%.

Population size: 49

Number of successes in population: 24

Sample size: 5

Number of successes in sample (x): 3

Hypergeometric Probability: P(X = 3): 0.301840594393786

Cumulative Probability: P(X >/= 3): 0.440222897669705

Therefore, Cumulative Probability: P(X < 3): 0.559777102330295

Cumulative Probability: P(X < 3)2: 0.3133504042933016

Total Cumulative Probability of Drawing 3 or More ice in Opening hand, or after Mulligan: 1 - P(X < 3)*P(X < 3): 0.6866495957066984
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac W
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
And yet, I still bother.
mbmbmbmbmb
Chill84 wrote:
Every ICE from 19-24 adds about 4% to the chances of getting a 3 ice grip in your opening hand or after mulligan. The 25th piece of ICE is when the curve starts falling off and only adds ~3%.

Total Cumulative Probability of Drawing 3 or More ice in Opening hand, or after Mulligan: 1 - P(X < 3)*P(X < 3): 0.6866495957066984

Cards...Drawn...Check...soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron s
msg tools
DaRef wrote:
Zalrus9 wrote:
manydills wrote:

Don't overestimate though, I see your point, but this Identity has a lot too prove.

Disadvantages:
- you only have 12 influence
- you need more ICE to get this working. I believe someone calculated that 25 ICE is an optimum to draw sufficient ICE
- you have no control over which ICE. Getting your late game ICE like e.g. Archer or Janus in your draw sucks

It's not bad, but certainly not like Andro.

However, with NEXT ICE, the value of this is going to go up and up. We've only seen NEXT Bronze so far, but I imagine a Silver and Gold are coming at least, and NEXT currenttly fires off of any NEXT ICE, not just the specific one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent 57
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chill84 wrote:

OMG someone actually using hypergeometric distribution in a manner consistent with both what it is for and something meaningful in context of a customizable card game. Bravo sir.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.