Thomas Lund
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

We are slowly turning our heads towards making some mission packs. We got all the old WD magazines and so on and are also working on completely new missions.

But we would like to give you a chance to throw in your favorite mission(s) here for consideration.

So which ones did you love to play?

Best
Thomas
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herr Flik
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There was a citadel journal article with aliens style Space Hulk missions. You even had to use Imperial Guard instead of trusty terminators

Only problem I recall with them is that most of the maps needed two copies of space hulk so you had enough tiles. something which at the time was impossible to get as space hulk wasn't available at the time nor could the tile sets be purchased separately.

Still a lot of fun if you could get it set up

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian McCarthy
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The campaign from the Deathwing 1st edition expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Please bear in mind that the change to overwatch in 3rd ed. fundamentally changes the game. Corridor rushes by the genestealer over a 3+ space distance became much less appealing for the genestealer player in 3rd edition, making long corridors very easy to lock down.
To illustrate:

1st/2nd ed: 11/36 (~30%) chance of a hit and 1/6 (~17%) of a jam with every move.
3rd ed: Same for the first move, but then a 55% chance of a hit from the 2nd move onwards.

Genestealer survival when marine has CP:
1st ed. 69%, 48%, 33%, 23%, 16%...
3rd ed. 69%, 31%, 14%, 6%, 3%...

No CP:
1st ed. 69%, 52%, 43%, 38%, 34%...
3rd ed. 69%, 39%, 28%, 25%, 23%...

Note the significant drop in survival rates, especially when the marine has spare CP.

Games Workshop failed to recognise this when they released 3rd ed, most obviously with the second campaign mission layout unchanged from the original.

I would suggest adapting or designing missions rather than using the old ones without playtesting them first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris L
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I always enjoyed The Last Stand from WD137 and the Space Hulk Campaigns hardback. Most of the 2nd edition missions from the 2nd ed rulebook are pretty good. I'd avoid anything which uses lots of the three wide corridors from the Genestealer expansion. And never add psykers to the 'stealer side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.