Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicola Gambetti
Italy
Bolzano
flag msg tools
designer
And plastic for the Plastic Throne!
badge
No! This is not a board game, but Stanislao Moulinsky in one of his best disguises!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yesterday we’ve had the shortest game of Defenders we’ve ever played and - likely - the shortest game possibile: it was a two-player game that only lasted 3 turns (1,5 rounds) and ended as we placed the fifth minion in Monarch City.
I think it's a story worth sharing.

1) During the setup, we drew several Darkness Spreads cards that placed minions in the locations around Monarch City: they were all colors but red.

2) At the end of the first turn (mine) we drew a Darkness Spreads card that added red minions in Orc Valley: all colors were now present in the locations around Monarch City.

3) At the end of the second turn (the other player’s) we drew a Darkness Spreads card that caused an Overrun in Greenleaf Village: a green minion was added to Monarch City too.

4) At the end the third turn (mine again) we drew the Monarch City Darkness Spreads card: this meant we lost since we had to add four minions to the capitol and the fifth one was already there.
Game over.

Of course we immediately played another game but I was amused by the quickness we lost this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Tanner
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
BryceCon Game Convention Jan 15-18 in Southern Utah www.brycecon.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I played one with my wife, each of us having two heroes. We almost made it to the end of the second turn before we lost. The only time we ever said "Well, you want to try it again?"

Usually the game takes long enough, we're done with it after one play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.