Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Rubinstein

Long Beach
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I haven't played yet, and I'm probably missing something, but it seems like knowing when the game is actually over could be tricky. How exactly do you know when over 1/2 the village are werewolves? You have to keep counting through the villagers/werewolves that are dead?

There's got to be something that I'm missing. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo Schulman
Brazil
Belo Horizonte
Minas Gerais
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
epilepticemu wrote:
Hi all,

I haven't played yet, and I'm probably missing something, but it seems like knowing when the game is actually over could be tricky. How exactly do you know when over 1/2 the village are werewolves? You have to keep counting through the villagers/werewolves that are dead?

There's got to be something that I'm missing. Thanks!

Yes, you count how much werewolves have already been lynched/killed and subtract from the initial number of werewolves residents put on setup to know how many are still alive.

Eg.: we put 4 werewolves in the mix of residents during setup. We are playing and one werewolf and 3 other residents was killed. There are 8 cards available (12-4), being 5 other residents and 3 werewolves (4-1).

Not tricky, actually. Just simple math.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't worry. The wolves will surely let you know when they've won
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nevin Steindam
United States
Lakewood
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There's only one number to keep track of - The number of living Werewolves. And trust me, you won't forget that. It's a focus of the game.
It's obvious at a glance how many people are still living in the village, so you know quickly whether or not the balance has shifted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Rubinstein

Long Beach
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the help guys! Hoping to get this one to the table this week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaiwen Zhang
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Welcome to Zombo.com!
badge
Art of life
mbmbmbmbmb
it would have been better if the huts werewolf/village were separate... that way you would know exactly how many are werewolves.

maybe there's a way to mark those huts to clearly indicate which ones are werewolves?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you really can't remember, you can look through what has already been eliminated. If you forgot how you set the game up, you can look through the cards that were left out...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you need a tracking method...

At the start of the game, set a die on the table equal to the initial difference between wolves and villagers.

Each time a villager dies, move the die down one. Each time a wolf dies, move the die up one.

If the die hits zero, wolves win. If the die equals the number of residents, village wins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaiwen Zhang
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Welcome to Zombo.com!
badge
Art of life
mbmbmbmbmb
what i do is place all the werewolf huts in the top row.

then you just have to compare the cardinality of that row with the rest of the huts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.