Popular Tags: [View All]
Badger
England
London
Enfield
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This session report represents the latest instalment for my geeklist The Summer Of Fun. The kids are on the long summer break from school, so we decided to have an ongoing game competition.

The girls were away staying with an auntie, so it was just Calvin and me. We'd just played back to back game of The Awful Green Things From Outer Space, winning one each.

So, I opened up Balloon Cup, which I had recently won in the G4GG auctions. Mine is a PnP edition and looks wonderful. It didn't take long to explain the rules to Calvin, as the idea of the game is pretty simple.

The game started off simply enough, although it took Calvin a few turns to get the hang of dropping balloons on your opponents half of the race. He got an early lead with the 4 cube cup. The colours in my game are different, so I won't use colours in the report.

We then slowed down for a bit, as there were a lot of grey cubes in play. OK, so I will use colours in the report. My cubes aren't even grey, they're purple. But if I said purple, everyone who owns the original release of the game wouldn't know what I'm on about.

But anyway, the game slowed down whilst we cycled through the cards waiting for the right ones to finish the races. After a few more rounds I managed to get the five cube cup, but shortly afterwards Calvin got the three cube cup using the 3 for 1 trade with his spare cubes.

However, this meant we both had quite a few spare cubes. I won the 1 cube race which meant I could pick up the 6 cube cup, which in turn released enough spare cubes for Calvin to pick up the 7 cube cup, beating me 3-2.

The game builds up slowly, but when the end comes, it comes so very quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.