Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Creating a thread for ongoing discussion related to the STL area Netrunner community: tournaments, meetups, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As they don't yet have retail space, http://www.miniaturemarket.com/ isn't in a position to host events.

I have received provisional prize support for regular tournaments, given that we can find a place to play. Specifics will kinda depend on the traction we get, if any. Most likely, it will be something like ding & dents for the local showroom, or specfic ding & dents of their choosing. I would act as the tournament organizer, and there would be no entry fee.

That is provided that we get enough people, and we get a space. I'm thinking the Dierberg's atrium at 270 / Olive & Craig in Creve Coeur could work, but I'm open to suggestions in that general area. I don't plan on approaching them until I have a sense that we can actually make it happen, though. Is anyone on BGG in the STL area interested?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Smithy

Wheaton
Illinois
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm around there on holidays, and a few other weekends. If we could get it sometime in the next 2 weeks that would work out well, but I understand if that's too short of notice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Haskell
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I'd consider driving down from Springfield, IL for a tourney. We've got a small group going here, so there might be others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are already tournaments held occasionally at Game Nite on Watson. Game Nite also hosts a weekly LCG night with casual and league play on Saturday nights at 6 (I'm actually about to leave to attend this for the firs time).

Also, the newish Dierbergs on Manchester (east of 270) is used for a monthly board game meetup. People play in the café upstairs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Arnold
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
astroglide wrote:
As they don't yet have retail space, http://www.miniaturemarket.com/ isn't in a position to host events.

There are no plans for a "retail game space" from MM I believe, they have a store front only so they can sell GW stuff. So don't hold your breath there.

Game Nite's Netrunner league is firing up again soon, as well as the usual bevy of tourneys on Saturdays. Check out their website for more information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ezio Auditore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
I'm down for this, I love getting as much competition in as I can.

One request is that you try to keep it separate from Game Nite's tournament days so I can make both. They host a Netrunner tournament once a month on the last Saturday.

For those interested, they also started their Season 2 league this Saturday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dropped by Game Nite to sign up for league play, and got in 5 matches: thx Dovbear (x2), Steve, Jason, and Anthony!

Would love to make it to next Saturday's tourney. We'll see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Justin, you part of the meetup.com group? Dovbear goes to most of the Game Nite meet ups and always brings his decks. I bring mine as well but don't always make it out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
charlest wrote:
Justin, you part of the meetup.com group? Dovbear goes to most of the Game Nite meet ups and always brings his decks. I bring mine as well but don't always make it out.

Amazingly, I've still never been to one. I'll keep that in mind, thx!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Haskell
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Is the Game Nite tourney only for league players? And what time does it start? The Game Nite Event calendar doesn't list it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gamedog wrote:
Is the Game Nite tourney only for league players? And what time does it start? The Game Nite Event calendar doesn't list it.

I don't know. And I think reg is at 11AM, tourney at 12PM. I'd call to confirm, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been playing in the S2 league on Saturdays. That ended last week, and they're giving out prizes/leftovers tonight. Anyone else going?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Goodwin
United States
Maryland Heights
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be there around 6. Hopefully I made my goal of 3rd place ;p
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Goodwin
United States
Maryland Heights
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Just in case not everyone is aware, there is a Netrunner tournament this Saturday the 28th at Game Nite. Entry fee is $5. Sign-up is at 11am. Tourney starts at 12pm. Store credit prizes for the top 3. From what I understand, all the entry fees are turned directly into prizes too. I'll be there, so you all should be able to get some easy wins ;P
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Planning on it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone planning on casual play at Game Nite tonight?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Soooo, the Game Nite scene is apparently dying. I know it's not active league, but even during it, fewer and fewer people attended as the weeks passed. Today's monthly A:NR tourney had two (2) people: me, and a guy that was already at Game Nite judging something (an employee?).

Wizard's Wagon is apparently trying to get something going. I hope they do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do people still show up to play this on Saturdays? I might be able to make it today, not sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
charlest wrote:
Do people still show up to play this on Saturdays? I might be able to make it today, not sure.

No, the Game Nite scene has basically collapsed as far as I can tell.

I might go to Wizard's Wagon tonight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Nordeng
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey SL folks. Any tourneys in your area this weekend? I might be in the area, and wanted to play. Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.