Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Grant Porter
United States
Providence
RI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Domus Aurea Card says: when performing legionary action, you may additionally tear down one matching incomplete building with no material of each victim. Place foundation in your stockpile and site in your influence.

Question is what define "victim"?

Player who had Domus Aurea played legionary and demanded concrete. No one had concrete, but one player had a concrete building with no material. Does the player get the influence from the concrete building? My assumption that no one was a victim and so no one subject to effect of the Domus Aurea. But, player though everyone without a palisades was a victim to legionary?

Any guidance, for next time...much appreciated. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the player with Domus Aurea performs a Legionary action and does not have a Bridge, his "victims" are the opponents to his immediate left and right that do not have a Palisade or Wall.

If the player does have a Bridge, his victims are those opponents (regardless of position) that do not have a Wall.

Whether a victim has the material demanded in his hand (or stockpile, if the player performing the Legionary action has a Bridge) does not affect the ability to use Domus Aurea to steal an incomplete building.

If Domus Aurea could not be used against a player who does not have the demanded material, the example given in the rules (in which Brick is demanded) would have called out that the victim in question did have Brick in his hand - but it does not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Seater
United States
Ashland
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
I help designers improve their games.
badge
Feed me...games...
mbmbmbmbmb
Victim = people being attacked by legions, regardless of the success of those attacks. Normally, this is the two neighbors. Bridge could extend it. It is an additional attack separate from the normal legionary attack, against the same targets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Porter
United States
Providence
RI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you(!!!) for the thorough replies. We just play with three of us so did not know/read that important fact that only those to the left and right are victims of the Legionary attack (except if Bridge is in play or victims have Palisade or Wall). All very clear now--even if the response requires a mea culpa from my friend and I to other mate for doubting his reading of the card. Although, I do get a mea culpa from them both for their lack of faith at our fellow geeks to get us a response. Happy gaming everyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
themorningsun wrote:
Those to the left and right are victims of the Legionary attack (except if Bridge is in play or victims have Palisade or Wall).

Just to be clear:

1. If the player performing a Legionary action does not have a usable Bridge, the victims are the players to the left and right that do not have a usable Palisade or a usable Wall.

2. If the player performing a Legionary action has a usable Bridge, the victims are all the players that do not have a usable Wall. (In this case, the victims' stockpile is also subject to attack, but that does relate to Domus Aurea.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.