Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hamish Sterling
Australia
Cairns
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Hi - does anyone know about dice manufactured in China (they have passed EN71) apparently - do they require further testing in Australia to pass AS?

Or are they not even required as they are a finished product?

I've contacted SAI Global on this but no one has returned an answer so far....anyone here have an idea on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, interesting how many factors go into producing a game.

The one thing that occurs to me is the age group for the game. Dice could pose a choking hazard to small children.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All parts require testing, even purchased parts.

Companies that test for compliance should know the standards for specific countries. If you are having your game components tested, just tell them you want to sell the game in Australia and they'll tell you if the components meet those standards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hamish Sterling
Australia
Cairns
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Has anybody (who has self published) ever had dice tested?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No No No Sheep
Russia
St Petersburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hamigua wrote:
Hi - does anyone know about dice manufactured in China (they have passed EN71) apparently - do they require further testing in Australia to pass AS?

Or are they not even required as they are a finished product?

I've contacted SAI Global on this but no one has returned an answer so far....anyone here have an idea on this?

i didnt know australian have standards when it come to dice

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Standard routine in publishing board games is to label "not for kids, ages 13+", and skip testing. I'd check into that route.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jumbit
China
Zhejiang
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:
Standard routine in publishing board games is to label "not for kids, ages 13+", and skip testing. I'd check into that route.
Bingo. Otherwise don't buy from a factory, buy from an importer instead. They already have products in stock that meet all relevant regulations. A lot of people insist on factory-direct when it's really not the correct choice in a lot of situations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.