Jeff

Seattle
Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Say you have an ettin sitting on the "entrace" tile. Can you spawn something nearby? How about if all four heroes are sitting on the tile? When the entrance tile is clear, could you place an ettin part-way on the entrance tile to give him a slight head start for movement?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Pushkar
Estonia
flag msg tools
mbmb
You spawn it in the nearest empty space/s. It is written in the core quest guide, page 1. In case of someone occupied entrance you can freely place reinforcement in the nearest empty space closest to entrance without it even touching a single square of entrance tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff

Seattle
Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I checked that out in the rule book, thanks.

Any clue on if the whole monster base on the larger monsters must be on the entrance tile?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toba Fett
Canada
flag msg tools
Well if you are respawning (reinforcing) then the aforementioned rule applies: place it in the nearest empty space to an entrance tile space where it will fit (if there is no room on the entrance tile to fit it properly.)

As for the case of the entrance tile being empty or at least having enough space to fit the monster: as far as I'm concerned the RAW do not explicitly require the entire base to be on the tile (or any assigned tile during map setup for that matter.) However, I emailed FFG and their reply was that it should be entirely on the intended tile if possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff

Seattle
Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Toba Fett wrote:
Well if you are respawning (reinforcing) then the aforementioned rule applies: place it in the nearest empty space to an entrance tile space where it will fit (if there is no room on the entrance tile to fit it properly.)

As for the case of the entrance tile being empty or at least having enough space to fit the monster: as far as I'm concerned the RAW do not explicitly require the entire base to be on the tile (or any assigned tile during map setup for that matter.) However, I emailed FFG and their reply was that it should be entirely on the intended tile if possible.

Awesome, thanks for clearing it up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.