Robin Lees
Denmark
Billund
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
Loved this little "travel light" game, and have just played two rounds, once as the Dungeon Master, and once as the Heroes.
A couple of questions:

1) When placing tiles, can the DM place tiles on the Heroes starting space (after they have moved)?
2) When placing tiles, can the DM place tiles on any of the vault tiles?
3) Can the goblin attack diagonally, or only orthagonally (I assume only orthagonally, but as his movement is different, maybe his attack is too)?
4) If the Hero player only has the Cleric and Warrior left standing, and the Warrior has taken his actions. MUST the Cleric move and/or heal, even if he doesn't want to?
5) As a side from that, can the Cleric count "healing" as an action, even if all heroes are at full stregth?
6) Must the players take 4 actions (both Hero, and Aggressive DM)?
7) If the warriors ends his turn next to a monster, when the DM starts his turn, can the monster who is next to the warrior damage the hero for being next to the Warrior (for free), then move into the Warrior's space, for 1 action, and attack (free attack)?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Lees
Denmark
Billund
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played another 2 times, once in each role. So far I've only won one game, as the DM. That was in the 4th game, where we noticed a rule we had been playing incorrectly.
We missed the fact that the Artifacts can only be used once, and had instead been using them as an ongoing power.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.GamelynGames.com
badge
www.GamelynGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
ukdane wrote:
Hi,
Loved this little "travel light" game, and have just played two rounds, once as the Dungeon Master, and once as the Heroes.
A couple of questions:

1) When placing tiles, can the DM place tiles on the Heroes starting space (after they have moved)?
2) When placing tiles, can the DM place tiles on any of the vault tiles?
3) Can the goblin attack diagonally, or only orthagonally (I assume only orthagonally, but as his movement is different, maybe his attack is too)?
4) If the Hero player only has the Cleric and Warrior left standing, and the Warrior has taken his actions. MUST the Cleric move and/or heal, even if he doesn't want to?
5) As a side from that, can the Cleric count "healing" as an action, even if all heroes are at full stregth?
6) Must the players take 4 actions (both Hero, and Aggressive DM)?
7) If the warriors ends his turn next to a monster, when the DM starts his turn, can the monster who is next to the warrior damage the hero for being next to the Warrior (for free), then move into the Warrior's space, for 1 action, and attack (free attack)?

Thanks

Hey Robin, I'm really glad to hear you are enjoying the game and thanks for writing in with your questions.

1 & 2. No, the Dungeon Lord can never place tiles on the four starting squares or the four treasure vault squares.

3. The Goblin attacks orthogonally.

4. Yes, all 4 actions must be taken if possible.

5. No, a heal that does not restore is not an action.

6. Yes.

7. No, a monster ONLY gets the FREE attack when combined with a move. If the monster does not move, the attack can still be made but at the cost of 1 action and then the monster is spent that turn.

Hope that helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Lees
Denmark
Billund
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Michael.
With regards to Q4 & 6.
So a hero HAS to move, even if that movement would kill them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.GamelynGames.com
badge
www.GamelynGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, a player must take all 4 actions regardless of the outcome. the only time a player would take less than four actions is it there were not enough pieces on the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Leslie
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thread resurrect!

This may be answered in another thread, but it's similar to question #7 here so I thought I'd toss it in.

If a monster moves and there are two heroes orthogonally adjacent to the space he moves into, may he attack them both as free actions? (If he moves into an empty space between two heroes?)

I mean, I guess technically he could move into a space bordered by three heroes, and get free attacks on all three, if that's the case, but the rules don't seem to prohibit it, free actions being "free".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Coe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.GamelynGames.com
badge
www.GamelynGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Ravenlock80 wrote:
Thread resurrect!

This may be answered in another thread, but it's similar to question #7 here so I thought I'd toss it in.

If a monster moves and there are two heroes orthogonally adjacent to the space he moves into, may he attack them both as free actions? (If he moves into an empty space between two heroes?)

I mean, I guess technically he could move into a space bordered by three heroes, and get free attacks on all three, if that's the case, but the rules don't seem to prohibit it, free actions being "free".

Hey Eric,

Sorry for some of the ambiguity in the rules, it's best to play with the following understanding:

A Monster may only attack 1 Hero a turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.