Sjel
Netherlands
Rotterdam Area
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: League of Legends Board Game
Looks great. Nice model of Ashe.
Im subscribing to this thread and hope more info and pictures will follow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Perez
United States
Garland
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
looks pretty good. I am a fan already. meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Van Zandt
United States
South Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
PlayTMG.com
mbmbmbmbmb
yup, looks like a licensed game, in both the positive and the negative sense. I wish you luck.

Obviously these are early pictures, and since we can tell only a little about the actual gameplay, I'll say that I like the subtle spaces, but you may want to make the lanes be more well-defined graphically (assuming that the lane/jungle distinction is relevant).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Good Bye
Tanzania
Arizona
flag msg tools
It's a domination map therefore, lanes are not defined and not needed since there is no true laning phase in this game mode..

Sorry to hear you found some negatives in this preview build. Can you expound on them? We are always looking for room for improvement.

You have a game designer tag. What games have you done? Have any reached production?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KC Skedzielewski
United States
Augusta TWP
Michigan
flag msg tools
Who has two thumbs and likes Tacos....?
badge
...This Guy!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
flexserve wrote:
Hello,

We are developing a League of Legends Board Game at: hadokengames.com and wanted to share some pics of our upcoming game.

Please be aware that Ha-Do-Ken Games is currently working on licensing from RIOT Games (Owners of League of Legends) and is currently a fan based hobby game.

I personally was toying with a re-theming of Krosmaster: Arena with LoL.

While it doest have the laning aspect, it certainly has the MOBA aspect. And a lot of the may the abilities work work well, I mean compare Badaboum to Ziggs, Bill Tell to Ashe, Lil healey to Soraka. And so on....

And honestly could you imagine little 2" chibi LoL figures, I'd buy those regardless of the actual game involved.

Just my two

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan B.
United States
Shelby Township
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
flexserve wrote:
Hello,

We are developing a League of Legends Board Game at: hadokengames.com and wanted to share some pics of our upcoming game.

Please be aware that Ha-Do-Ken Games is currently working on licensing from RIOT Games (Owners of League of Legends) and is currently a fan based hobby game.

ok

-Rammus

With that said, this game really looks like it would sink my bank account. I'm not much of a completist, but getting the 100+ champions would make me look twice. Best of luck to ya!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Pierce
United States
salinas
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/12838679 heres a nice project to look at for reference. It's super elegant and easy to set up. It wouldn't be hard to just have specific lines that minions follow using the hex map you have.

Also those mockup pictures are obscenely good looking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niels K.
Belgium
Limburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had no idea a board game of LoL was in the making. Looks amazing!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
flexserve wrote:
Sorry to hear you found some negatives in this preview build. Can you expound on them? We are always looking for room for improvement.

I think that was a comment toward licensed games in general, not your particular build. Some people are skeptical of licensed products, feeling that they have some inherent disadvantages:
- licensed products have a reputation of focussing on "looking nice" rather than being a good game
- licensed products tend to be more expensive than non-licensed products
- mechanics in the board game may not match the computer game, so you'll always be disappointing somebody
- there's a concern that people involved in making licensed board game products may not necessarily be experienced in making board game products
- although clearly not a factor here, licensed products have a reputation for being pushed out into the market before they are ready to match release schedule with other licensed media

Again, none of this may apply to you, or all of it might. It's just some of the disadvantages people think of when they think of licensed products.

flexserve wrote:
You have a game designer tag. What games have you done? Have any reached production?

If you click on the designer tag, it will take you to their "game design" page and show you their games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Ivanesei
Romania
Bucuresti
flag msg tools
I should buy less games
badge
Stop looking at my avatar!
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks really good!

Will there be a board game LCS?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Weston Stapleton
United States
Keller
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I liked goats before they were cool
mbmbmbmbmb
I always thought LoL would transfer well into Board game form when I was playing it back in the day. This mock up looks absolutely fantastic, and I am extremely excited about the possibilities (even though I know my bank account will suffer).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Zhu
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
How are you handling hidden unit movement like fog of war, stealth and units in bushes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Good Bye
Tanzania
Arizona
flag msg tools
fishminer wrote:
How are you handling hidden unit movement like fog of war, stealth and units in bushes?

Trade secret. We will reveal the game core mechanics as we get closer to a public beta. We do have solutions for these that are not intrusive to design or game play. We do understand that a turn based board game needs the same excitement and "wow" moments that the video game counterpart offers and we believe we've found a sure fire way to deliver all the breath taking saves, near deaths, and ganks!

"Stay tuned true believers!" - Stan Lee
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Weston Stapleton
United States
Keller
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I liked goats before they were cool
mbmbmbmbmb
Speaking of Beta, I saw a donate link that mentions getting Beta access but I could not find any details on that. Would you be able to explain that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks interesting.

Things to keep in mind.

1: The company for LOL may allready have a deal for a board game with another company. Ask first if you havent allready.

2: Theres been about a half dozen or more LOL fan games tried in the last few months so you may be one of many submitting.

3: Keep in mind that producing a miniatures intensive game like this is incredibly expensive. Lets say you had 100 minis. That will set you back 100-500 thousand dollars right out the gate. Upwards of another 100k or more for sculpts. If you arent using art direct from the game then you have to pay artists. And say 100 cards is going to be possibly another 100k or more.

Plot out your costs to produce a game of the sort you are envisioning forst before even thinking of trying it.

Also keep in mind that the art and sculpts will take time. You may have a down time of a year or several while everything is being crafted. In that time frame a game may easily fall out of favour for the next fad.

Lastly. Allways have a backup original theme you can use if the deal falls apart. IP license games have a nasty tendency to end abruptly or even negatively.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Curious about the image on your website and Facebook page that was supposedly of a WIP figure for the game but was clearly a model from the Malefaux range - it has been since removed with no comment or apology. Not very professional.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Kiley
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
flexserve wrote:
Thanks for the advice. We are currently funded up to $1.5 million USD.

surprise surprise surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Good Bye
Tanzania
Arizona
flag msg tools
Mezmorki wrote:
flexserve wrote:
Thanks for the advice. We are currently funded up to $1.5 million USD.

surprise surprise surprise

Yes, if licensing goes through we are funded. It's a no show (license), no dough (money) situation. However, we have a few more ideas for licensing up our sleeves where funding would be provided if it were to fall through.

Back to the game discussion!

Also a big thank you to everyone for their support! Keeps us going!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Zhu
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
This game looks like great!!! So excited
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Pietrocupo
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for my lack of culture. I know that league of legends is a game based on a mod made for another game. But I still do not know the basic concepts behind the game play.

So can one of you sumarize me the basic concept of the game in 1 or 2 sentences.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philipp Ottensamer
Austria
Wien
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Needs more Dota.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Pietrocupo
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It all seems like a tower defense to me, but apparently it's not. What are the main differences?

Is it like defender of ardania? Which they call a tower offense game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Good Bye
Tanzania
Arizona
flag msg tools
larienna wrote:
It all seems like a tower defense to me, but apparently it's not. What are the main differences?

Is it like defender of ardania? Which they call a tower offense game.

There is too much to explain on a forum post. Please Google- League of Legends or MOBA; they have an abundant amount of information on the game genre.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Kiley
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiplayer_online_battle_arena
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
League of Legends will get you better responses honestly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.